Meet Our President: Jess Moore!

It’s time to meet our President, Jessica Moore! Jessica is currently a junior at Millersville University studying Biology. She used to be an English major, but changed to a Bio major when she realized that she wanted to help people with a more hands on approach. Her dream is a to be a pediatric oncologist because “I love children and I want to help in ways that other people may be too scared to do so.”

Jess is from Coatesville Pennsylvania, a place she credits for who she is now.

“Coatesville is a very diverse community and it really taught me to love and accept everyone, and to work hard for what I want in life.” She grew up in a house of 5 kids and an equally crazy dog, raised by parents that she says “shaped who I am now. My parents are crazy, funny and full of love and without them, I wouldn’t be who I am.”

At Millersville, Jess is not only president of Her Campus, but is also a very active member of Alpha Sigma Tau. She is currently the Director of Philanthropy for AST, where she passionately organizes events to emphasize their philanthropy, the Women’s Wellness Initiative. Jess is passionate about this project because “it looks at every aspect of wellness and emphasizes them all equally. It is so important that women take control of their health whether it be physically, spiritually, emotionally, etc.” This semester, she organized a Tampon Drive, Habitat build days for her sisters, and an entire week dedicated to their philanthropy, in which they smashed scales, did sunset yoga, and encouraged men to be more educated on the female menstrual cycle. This aspect, Jess says, is most important to her.

“I just think its imperative that men feel comfortable talking about this everyday occurrence that women face. They need to be educated, and the only way to do so is to get them talking and get them asking questions about it too.”

AST is a big part of her life, and has changed her college career for the better. “I would encourage everyone to find an organization like I have. It really gave me so much confidence, and I can safely say I’ve found a home away from home in my sisters.”

Fun facts about Jess:

Favorite food: chicken parm

Favorite show: Parks and Rec or Friends

Favorite movie: Horton Hears a Who

Favorite musician/band: Ed Sheeran or Fleetwood Mac

Studying Writing / Theatre / Music @ Millersville University
[email protected]