This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Millersville chapter.

Here we are, getting to the end of November, and that means it is Thanksgiving! Mashed potatoes, stuffing, gravy, corn and any kind of pie you can imagine! Besides the food, there is another tradition my family and much of America participates in and that is the Macy’s Day Parade on Thanksgiving Day.

Beginning at 9 a.m. sharp, New York City will be stuffed to the brim with tourists and locals alike to see the many singers, balloons, marching bands and other performance groups. This year marks the 90th parade and will feature some old favorite performers and plenty of new performers as well.

Here is a list of a few things we will be able to see this year at the Macy’s Day Parade:

1. Tom the Turkey: Always leading the floats.

2. The Rockettes: Dancing away like they always do.

3. N.Y.P.D. Marching Band: Love them. Thank you for protecting your beautiful city!

4. The Pillsbury Doughboy: I can hear his little laugh now.

5. ERUPTOR from Skylanders: It’s his first parade!

They will also have musicians….

1. Idina Mentzel: Will she be letting it go?

2. Lucy Hale: It’s not a secret…she’s great!

3. KISS: They will rock-and-roll all morning long!

4. Cole Swindell: He’ll be killin’ it!

5. Meghan Trainor: She can shake it, shake it!

6. Pentatonix: They don’t even need instruments! They got their voices.

The Macy’s Day Parade will be on November 27, 2014 at 9 a.m. Eastern Time!

Enjoy your Thanksgiving and the parade!

I am a junior at Millersville University and the secretary of the Her Campus Millersville chapter. I am a speech communication major with an option in Public Relations. I absolutely love animals! In fact I have several of my own including a dog, some fish, a lizard, and two rabbits. I currently work at Clarks Shoes at Park City and I love it. In my spare time I enjoy reading, writing and hanging out with my friends and boyfriend. I love the beach and being near the water.
The top fashion and lifestyle magazine for college women! Located in Millersville, PA <3