Latte’s In Lanc: The Best Places To Get Coffee in Lancaster County

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Millersville chapter.

Sick of Starbucks? Whether you are living in beautiful Lancaster Country or you’re just passing through, here is your guide to finding your best cup of coffee!

Grand Central Bagel

Image courtesy of Lancaster Online

Located on Centerville Rd less than 15 minutes from downtown Lancaster, Grand Central Bagel is a locally owned bagel cafe. While located in central PA, the store makes you feel like you’re in the middle of New York City with the hustle and the amazing food – AND COFFEE! If you’re a sweet tooth like me, the Irish Mocha is the way to go! It is the most amazing mocha on the planet.

Rachel’s Creperie

Image courtesy of TripAdvisor.com

While this picturesque cafe specializes in making perfect crepes, the coffee is to die for. What goes better with coffee then delicious, delicate French pastries? Uh… nothing. Located in downtown Lancaster, Rachel’s coffee bar is fully stocked to create any coffee drink you could ask for, but their specialty drinks are worth the wait. Try the Death by Chocolate crepe with the cappuccino (Rachel’s makes the best cappuccinos EVER). If you’re feeling frisky, the Mexican Nutella Hot Chocolate is AH-MAZING.

Square One

Image courtesy of SquareOneCoffee.com

If you’re MO is aesthetically pleasing coffee houses, Square One is your new home. This beautiful downtown location offers delicious coffee and treats, but mostly coffee. The intriguing feature of this locale is their “quick cup” option, which is a service that allows espresso fans to  choose between Square One’s house espresso, Thaddeus, or our rotating lineup of single origin espresso offerings. In coffee-snob speak, that means DELICIOUS.

Prince Street Cafe

Image courtesy of Lancaster Online

Lancaster seems to be full of adorable cafes. Another great one is Prince Street Cafe, located across the street from the historic Fulton Theatre. This is a great place to meet up with people before seeing a show or going out for the night. Personally, this is my favorite place to get good ol’ plain black coffee when I need it, but all of the drinks and food here are delicious.

Stay caffeinated!

HCXO

Cover image courtesy of unsplash.com

Carlee Nilphai

Millersville '19

Carlee is a Millersville University graduate with a BA in Print Journalism and a double minor in Music and Theatre. Her favorite topics to write about involve career, environmental issues, pop culture, budgeting hacks, and Taylor Swift. Carlee lives in Lancaster, PA and has a corgi named Alan.