The Last Few Weeks of the Semester as Told by Bob’s Burgers

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Millersville chapter.

Everyone knows how stressful and annoying the last few weeks of the semester feels. Bob’s Burgers feels like it truly touches my soul and makes me feel better about these last couple weeks. I hope Bob’s Burgers helps you mellow out as well!

1. How you look when you realize your professor just keeps adding more and more huge assignments even though the semster is practically over

Look, I appreciate your enthusiasm but I seriously do not have time for this. If this assignment is not on the syllabus it cannot be on my to-do list. 

2. When you feel the pressure of the entire world on top of your shoulders as you struggle to study for your upcoming exams

Sometimes it feels like I don’t even know what I don’t know. 

3. When you completely accept and realize how dramatic you’re acting but cannot find it in yourself to stop

I know everything feels horrible and you constantly feel like curling up in a ball on the floor to cry hysterically but you also need to accept that, sometimes, you might just be acting a little too dramatic.

4. Isn’t it insanely annoying when you go to the library’s quiet floors, expecting everything to be smooth and peachy keen only to get there and realize that someone won’t shut their traps?

If you want to talk then you need to leave the quiet floor! These floors have rules for. a. reason and those reasons must be respected. 

5. As the semester comes to a close, you find yourself slowly disagreeing with what your professors say more and more

It’s okay to not agree with everything your professors say because their word isn’t law but it’s important to respect them still. 

6. How it feels trying to multitask all of the last minute projects and essays

Let’s be honest, with the last couple weeks of the semester comes an insane amount of multitasking. Multitasking is not easy but it can get easier by using a schedule and time-table.

7. When you realize someone else has more assignments to complete than you do

Do you want to be crying buddies? 

8. Your face when you realize you need a really good grade on the last assignment to get the final grade that you want in the class

Are you avoiding calculating what your final grade will be? Yeah, don’t worry, you’re not alone.

9. On the other hand, this is your face when you realize you don’t need an amazing grade on the last assignment to end the class with a good final grade

If you want to calculate your potential final grade check out Conquer College’s grade calculator.

10. Finishing a final project like. . .

You’ve got this! You just need to have complete faith in your abilities. 

11. When all the stress finally makes you snap

When I get too stressed out I tend to laugh more because, honestly, if I don’t laugh I’ll just break down and cry.

12. How it feels when you spend endless hours at the library with tons of highlighters and someone asks how far you’ve gotten on your project

Nothing makes you feel like you accomplished nothing more than when someone asks how much you’ve accomplished only to realize you’re still not even close to being done.

13. When everything becomes too stressful and you just want to hit pause on everything

Most of my mental breakdowns happen on my living room floor – it’s best if people just walk around me or step over me because once I’m down, I won’t be getting back up for a while.

14. During the last couple weeks of the semester you start watching more TV shows and movies to help cope with the anxiety and depression you’ve developed

You watch all of these because it distracts you from all the stressful things in your life at the moment. It’s easier to press play on the next episode of the series you’re binge watching rather than sit down and actually accept everything you need to finish. 

15. When you finally feel confident about an assignment and submit it only to realize you messed it up

I hope these were relateable to you and put a smile on your face. The last couple weeks of the semester are rough but just constantly give yourself pep talks and you’ll get through it.

Good luck finishing up, collegiettes!

*All images courtesy of Giphy

Elizabeth Nace

Millersville

The top fashion and lifestyle magazine for college women! Located in Millersville, PA <3