Kelsey Bundra: Editor-in-Chief

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Millersville chapter.

How old are you? 21

What is your hometown? Allentown, Pa.

What is your Twitter handle? @KelseyBundra

What year are you? Senior

What is your major? International studies major

What is your minor? Print media studies and Spanish

What led you to international studies? Well, international studies is essentially a major for people who are indecisive. It includes classes in government, anthropology, sociology, economics, history, as well as foreign languages.

Why did you choose Millersville? It was my first choice out of my state schools. I knew that I would be paying for my own college, so I didn’t really look for any private colleges. I also heard that it was ranked as the number one college in the state.

What has been your favorite memory at Millersville? I had the opportunity to study abroad this summer. I didn’t travel through the university’s program; I actually ended up choosing my own program and I studied in Granada, Spain.

What clubs/organizations are you involved with on campus? I am currently the Editor-in-Chief of The Snapper and I am a Getaway Weekend leader.

Why did you choose to become a part of The Snapper? I was the editor of the features section at my high shcool newspaper. I’ve always liked to write.

What have you gained from your experience as Editor-in-Chief? I’ve learned how to work with people and deal with interpersonal conflicts. We are all very different people, working together, committed and dedicated to the paper.

What is your favorite memory from working with The Snapper? I was able to attend our national conference last year in Philadelphia. It was a great opportunity to meet professionals and network with them.

How would someone with an interest in The Snapper get involved? We have weekly meetings on Thursdays at 9:15 p.m. in SMC 15. You can also like us on Facebook or go to our website.

Where is your favorite place on campus? Just to be cheesy, I would have to say the pond. The north side of campus is my favorite place on campus. I lived in Bard my freshman year, so it brings back a lot of memories.  

Do you have any hobbies? I do like to write creatively. I have been working on a short story and I’m very passionate about that. I also like to follow politics; especially since it’s a big part of my major. I know that politics tend to make a lot of people angry, but I just take that anger and use it to push myself into my projects and make a change.

What do you plan to do after graduation? That’s the big question, isn’t it? I feel like I gave myself too many options with my major and two different minors. I’m not sure if I want to go into non-profits, journalism or translation. They’re all very different and the choice is difficult.

What will you miss the most about Millersville? I’ll miss the people. I’ve definitely made a lot of strong friendships here. I’ve met people that will always be there for me and that I know I will continue to talk with them long after graduation.

Do you have a mantra you live by? If so, what is it? “Don’t sweat the small stuff.” I’m a very emotional person, so it’s hard for any little thing to not be personal with me. I’ve been trying to let the small stuff slide off my back, and to move on and not let it bother me so much.

As a senior, what advice do you have for underclassmen who might be struggling to adjust to college life? I would say not to put so much pressure on yourself. A lot of people struggle with the question of what they’re going to do with the rest of their life. I think it’s crazy to ask that of anyone. There is a lot of pressure on the younger generation to figure life out right away. You should try to have fun because college is so much more than just classes.  

The top fashion and lifestyle magazine for college women! Located in Millersville, PA <3