clay banks zUf39GDNyzU unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
clay banks zUf39GDNyzU unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Jain Coble: World Traveler

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Millersville chapter.

Name: Evghenia (Jain) Coble

Age: 22

Hometown: Kishinev, Moldova

Major: International Studies

Minor: German

Year: Senior

Twitter/Instagram: _peachcobler

Hobbies: Drawing and reading

Campus Activites: Expressions, German Club and Art Club

What languages can you speak? English, Russian and German

Favorite country you have visted? Czech Republic

Have you studied abroad? If so, where? Yes, to Marburg, Germany

What did you study there? German, anthropology, peace and conflict resolution class

What were some cultural differences that you noticed? People are a lot more reserved there, you don’t smile at people you don’t know.

Anything fun or interesting happen? I slept at the train station in Frankfurt three times because of train mishaps. It wasn’t that safe there because of hobos and refugees, but there was a VIP room for people who missed the train.

What was the hardest part about studying abroad? The language barrier and the different expectations professors have.

What experience had the biggest impact? I got stranded in Switzerland trying to get to England because I forgot my passport in Germany. I ended up having to take a nine hour bus ride to Germany.

Was it hard making a switch back to America? Yes, because you met people in the same boat as you that you grew and evolved with. No one at home understands the experiences you’ve had.

Would you ever go back there? Yes, I’ve been there three times.

Would you encourage others to study abroad? Why? Absolutely, because I think people learn the best when they are out of their comfort zone and learn things you couldn’t learn in a classroom setting about the rest of the world.

Do you still keep in contact with people you met in Germany? Yes, a lot were Americans that I still Skype with and three German girls as well.

Would you like to travel the world more? Yes, I want to visit as many countries as I can.

The top fashion and lifestyle magazine for college women! Located in Millersville, PA <3