alexey lin j 0pjgxE1kc unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
alexey lin j 0pjgxE1kc unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

It’s Delightful… It’s Delicious… Anything Goes at Millersville!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Millersville chapter.

Taking a break from our scheduled theme week to bring you the latest on campus!

It will be de-lovley! This weekend, Millersville’s own All Campus Musical Organization (ACMO) will be putting on Cole Porter’s famous show, Anything Goes. The musical comedy features energetic dancing, romance, and hilarity during a cruise on the SS American. The cast features the best of Millersville’s musical talents, with Casey Pry as Bonnie, Erin Quin as Reno Sweeny, Lauren Lanas as Hope Harcourt, Matt Meckley as Billy, Trent Soto, as Moonface and many more!

Taylor Chambers, Bailey Knipe, Ana Sica, Liz Siani as the Angels.

The show will feature amazing set design and theatrics, including a giant ship and perfectly choreographed dance numbers. Directed by the wonderfully talented Ariana Horn and assisted by Zenobia DeCoteau, the show has been in caring and hardworking hands from start to finish.

Casey Pry and Trent Soto

For most of the cast members, this show is dream come true. “The show takes us back to a time that our parents and grandparents may have experienced,” Josh Rowley, who plays the Captain and the Bishop in Anything Goes.  “A fun, engaging show for everyone of any age!” 

Erin Quinn, playing the sassy and classy Reno Sweeny says, “In my opinion it’s a unique and quirky love story and it’s very easy to “get a kick“ out of every character!” 

The show will go on this Thursday March 22nd, Friday March 23rd and Saturday March 24th at 8pm, and Sunday March 25th at 2pm. The performance will be in Clair Performance Hall, The Winter Visual and Performing Arts Center. Tickets are only $7 dollars for students, and $10 for the public. Tickests can be purchased at the door, or at  MUTicketsOnline.com or artsMU.com, by calling 717-871-7600, or in person at the Student Memorial Center Ticket Office (Room 103, 21 S. George St., Millersville), or at the Ware Center (42 N. Prince St., Lancaster). They are selling out fast!

You’ll get a kick out of this! Don’t miss it!

Other Cast Members:

Evelyn: David Karppala

Mrs. Harcourt: Anna Pederson

Whitney: Jake Gould

Ching: Jake Connolly

Ling: Myah Brown

Captain/Bishop: Joshua Rowley

Purser: Curtis Hall

Angels: Taylor Chambers, Bailey Knipe, Ana Sica, Liz Siani

Dancers: Katie Eigenbrod, Liz Dulac, Molly Evans, Jale Aydin

Ensemble: Emily Heisler, Kayla Smith, Abigail Valerio, Kate Spang, Vanessa Binkley, Megan Murphy, Nick Berent, Marie Spencer

*All images courtesy of Liz Dulac

Carlee Nilphai

Millersville '19

Carlee is a Millersville University graduate with a BA in Print Journalism and a double minor in Music and Theatre. Her favorite topics to write about involve career, environmental issues, pop culture, budgeting hacks, and Taylor Swift. Carlee lives in Lancaster, PA and has a corgi named Alan.