How Did I Survive Finals, Let Alone the Whole Semester?

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Millersville chapter.

As my seventh semester at Millersville has been completed, I look back and realize that I not only survived a whirlwind of a semester, but yet another finals week. There are a couple items that I have to give some credit for not only my finals week survival, but survival of the semester as a whole.

1.      Dry Shampoo:

All I can say is thank you, thank you for saving all of the potentially bad hair days the morning after long nights. Whether it was a long night of being out, studying, or just pure laziness, dry shampoo has saved me on so many occasions when I have had to wake up the next morning with little time to get ready. An alternative to dry shampoo, if you are in a bind, is baby powder! However, baby powder tends to be a little messier, so just make sure you clean up after yourself before your roommates see your mess! I am frivilous enough to splurge on canned baby powder because I can spray this in my hair in between class, work and clinical a little easier that dabbing baby powder through my scalp. I prefer the brand “Not Your Mother’s” because it’s fairly inexpensive, they have a wide variety of other hair products, and they are available at CVS and Giant!

2.      Re-Usable Coffee Mugs:

Re-usable coffee mugs serve so many more purposes than bringing your coffee from home on the go. Sometimes I like to take my hot chocolate on the go too! They also cut down on great amounts of waste that are created when you throw away the paper or Styrofoam cups from coffee places, gas stations and even places on campus. You can also use them for other beverages because many are insulated and will keep cold beverages cold! I personally am I huge fan of the Starbucks re-usable mugs/tumblers because you recieve a discount when you bring it in to be filled with your beverage of choice. Who doesn’t like to help save the earth a little while saving some cash at the same time!?

3.      Chapstick

I hate chapped lips, absolutely hate chapped lips, and as soon as the weather drops below 70 degrees, I suffer from chapped lips in the worst way. My personal favorite lip balm to use is Burt’s Bees, probably because I like the concept of it being made out of beeswax and comes in a wide vatriety including grapefruit, pomegranate and mango. But mostly I like Burt’s Bees because it works the best out of any that I have tried. Burt’s tends to be a little pricier, but it is definitely worth the splurge!

Emme Reed

Millersville

Hello! My name is Emily Reed! (most call me Emme though!) I am a senior dual biology and athletic training major at Millersville University (Also attending West Chester University as part of my athletic training program). I am 22 years young, and love my cat, the beach, my family, friends, boyfriend, ice hockey and anything Pittsburgh! My favorite holidays are Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas and the 4th of July. I'm absolutely addicted to Pinterest. I have a huge crush on the minions from Despicable Me and own just about every Disney movie made. There are four things that I never leave my house without: keys, phone, chapstick and hand sanitizer. On campus I am involved in Athletic Training Club and the National Society of Leadership and Success, you can also spot me at random sporting events supporting the athletes that I treat and my fellow athletic training majors!
The top fashion and lifestyle magazine for college women! Located in Millersville, PA <3