Frat Friday: Nick Levasseur

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Millersville chapter.

Photo courtesy of Facebook

Name: Nick Levasseur

What fraternity are you in?  Sigma Tau Gamma. We were the first fraternity at Millersville University.

What made you join? To become part of something bigger than self, to gain new relationships, and I thought it would be fun.

Tell me about your philanthropy? Millersville’s chapter works with the American Cancer Society. We have a fundraiser every spring, which is called Dress A Tau. We raise money by having cups with members’ faces on them. Who ever received the most money has to wear a dress. Our National works with the Special Olympics. Every year we do a polar plunge. We raised over $4,000 as a chapter for the Special Olympics.

What’s something you will take away from this fraternity? How to be more responsible and organized, how to be more personable with people.

Photo courtesy of Facebook

How is your chapter different than others? For Millersville’s chapter, the guys are more of a tight knit group. We all come from very different places but we all get along really well. 

What values does the fraternity promote? Respect, brotherhood, leadership, and excellence.

What are you going to miss the most when you graduate?  Always having bothers to hang out with and always having a support system around me.

What is the one thing this fraternity has helped you improve on? Helping get my grades up. I had to improve my grades in order to stay in the fraternity, as well as being responsible for myself and how we are viewed as a fraternity.

What is your favorite event to attend as a fraternity? Homecoming. We get to see all of the alumni and there is a fun atmosphere for memorable times. With the alumni, we have a founder’s day and a BBQ and socialize with each other.

What is one thing you would say to someone who is thinking about rushing in the future? I would tell them that joining a fraternity will help turn you into a man and will give you relationships that will last an entire lifetime. There are many benefits such as alumni connections, career connections, and friendships. Most of the alumni will help set up jobs, which is a really cool experience.

Jordan Ettien

Millersville '17

A recent 2017 grad from Millersville University of Pennsylvania! I hold a bachelor's of science in business administration with a concentration in marketing! I am addicted to Starbucks, cute dogs and candles from Bath and Body Works! When I am not working as a Chapter Advisor for Her Campus or as a Marketing Manager for my full time job, you can find me at the gym teaching Pilates! 
The top fashion and lifestyle magazine for college women! Located in Millersville, PA <3