With Confidence Will Be Okay: Luke Rockets Sexual Misconduct Reaction

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Millersville chapter.

Sadly, it seems as though today you can’t go a day without hearing about some other man in the entertainment industry being accused of some sort of sexual misconduct. In no way am I complaining about these things coming out, I am merely disappointed and disgusted by how often they happen. If you abuse your power in your industry in any way, I am not a fan of yours. I do not support people who act that way.

Just today, a band I have loved for the past year released a statement about their guitarist. With Confidence is an Australian pop punk band signed to Hopeless Records. They have toured with the likes of Knuckle Puck and State Champs, along with being on Warped Tour one year. Let me just say, I did not expect to hear anything like sexual misconduct come out about any of those boys, but we are all proved wrong sometimes.

Early this morning, I got a twitter notification about how Luke Rockets, the guitarist, was no longer a member of With Confidence because of allegations the rest of the band heard late last night some time. The three remaining members, Jayden Seeley, Inigo Del Carmen, and Josh Brozzesi, regrettably had to withdraw from the last few tour dates they had because of this. But in all honesty, I have never respected a band more for their actions.

Josh, Jayden, and Ini were so quick about getting rid of the cause of the problem. They wasted no time. Unlike many bands and other entertainment outlets, they believed the victims wholeheartedly and did what they could to make sure that what happened will never happen again. Never before have I seen such swift, genuine action taken in a situation like this. Not only that, but they have already updated all of their social media to just include the three remaining members.

I am writing this article because I am in awe and am extremely proud to be a fan of a band who does what’s right as soon as possible. Many other bands have had things like this happen but have taken too long to take the steps they should to prevent it from happening again.

The future is unclear for With Confidence right now, but I am sure they will recover from this. They have talent and love for what they’re doing. Not to mention they clearly care about their fans. This fiasco proves it.

See their full statement regarding Luke Rockets here.

Respect, boys, respect.

*All images courtesy of Pinterest

Kay McKenzie

Millersville

The top fashion and lifestyle magazine for college women! Located in Millersville, PA <3