Casey Colsher: A Woman Of Poise And Purpose

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Millersville chapter.

Get to know this sorority sweetheart, Casey Colsher! Majoring in social work, Casey expects to graduate in May of 2019. She loves dogs, traveling, and spending time with her family.

How did you know you wanted to be a part of Alpha Sigma Alpha?

I went to informal recruitment during the fall semester of my freshman year, and I met with three sororities, including ASA. I met a girl there that is now my best friend. We instantly clicked and it made me feel like I really belonged there. In the spring, I went out for formal recruitment and I already knew I wanted to be with these girls and be a part of the organization.

What piece of advice would you give to someone who wants to learn more about Greek life?

Sign up for recruitment – put yourself out there. You have nothing to lose. Getting to know the people in the organization and going to a few recruitment events doesn’t mean you’re locked in and have to join. You’ll get to learn about what philanthropy work they do, and what the sorority/fraternity stands for. Even if you’re the slightest bit interested, reach out and get to know everyone!

What is your most memorable experience with ASA?

This past summer, I had the opportunity to go to LDI (The Emma Coleman Frost Leadership Development Institute) with three of my chapter sisters. It’s a conference in Pittsburgh that’s held every two years. It was an amazing chance to gain more leadership skills, meet new people, and attain real-world skills that can benefit my chapter and personal life.

Do you have any academic aspirations you hope to accomplish before graduating?

Yes! I’m studying abroad this summer at the University of Stirling in Scotland. I’m going to be taking a photography and history class there. After that, I want to stay in Europe for 5-6 weeks and travel on my own.

What are your plans post graduation?

When I initially declared social work as my major, I wanted to focus on gerontology. So far this semester, with all of the social work classes I am taking, I’m realizing how broad of a major it is. It’s really opening my eyes to different interests that I didn’t know I had. I definitely want to get my Masters degree at some point.

What is your dream job?

At this point, I just want to be able to help people in any situation. That would be the most rewarding job – coming home at night knowing that I made a difference in someone’s day.

What do you love most about Millersville?

The people. The professors here genuinely care about their students well-being and how they perform in class. Millersville is also a very friendly and inviting community. It has given me the platform to excel academically, and has opened a new world of opportunities I never dreamed possible!

*All images courtesy of Casey Colsher

Lisa Conolly

Millersville

I am currently a sophomore at Millersville University, and I'm studying sociology! Besides writing for Her Campus, I love going to concerts, taking day trips to the beach, practicing yoga, and hanging out with friends on campus.  
The top fashion and lifestyle magazine for college women! Located in Millersville, PA <3