This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Millersville chapter.

Meet Miss Caroline Wasser! If I had to pick three words to describe Caroline, they would be: dedicated, hard-working and caring. She is driven to always doing her best in everything she attempts and encourages others to try their hardest as well. She also genuinely cares about the people around her and is always willing to lend a helping hand. Caroline is very much loved in the Music Department.

“Music expresses that which cannot be put into words and that which cannot remain silent” ~ Victor Hugo

Caroline Wasser is a junior majoring in Music Education with a concentration in clarinet. After Caroline graduates, she hopes to become an elementary music teacher and even continue playing in a pit orchestra setting. One of the most intriguing facts about her is that she has learned many skills on all of the basic school instruments. Even though she can pretty much play any instrument her heart desires, her absolute favorite instrument would have to be the clarinet. When asked why she loves the clarinet, Caroline said, “It is my strongest and it can play so many different textures and colors.” Caroline also really enjoys dabbling with the guitar and playing the piano – she says that the piano is a good stress reliever for her.

As many people know, Millersville has many different club and other options for people who love music. The options for people who love to sing include the Univeristy Choir, Maurader Men’s Glee Club, Chorale and the Catalina. There are also many options for people who love playing instruments: Wind Ensemble, Concert Band, Jazz Ensemble, Jazz Lab Band and the Orchestra. This semester will be Caroline’s 5th semester in both the University Choir and the Wind Ensemble! When asked if she enjoyed the experiences she has had with these ensembles, she said, “I have had great experiences in both of the ensembles. I have gotten to perform some great repertoire and collaborate with wonderful conductors and musicians.” Caroline really recommends these ensembles to anyone who enjoys making music – yes, even if they are not a music major! There is always room in the music department for anyone who enjoys music – the environment at the Winter Visual and Performing Arts Center is extremely welcoming to everyone.

If you are interested in learning more about the Music Department or want to find out what their next events are, check out the Music Department website and their events calendar!

*Images courtesy of Caroline Wasser

Elizabeth Nace

Millersville

The top fashion and lifestyle magazine for college women! Located in Millersville, PA <3