Brittney Brown: The Ultimate Captain

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Millersville chapter.

Hometown: Oxford, Pa.

Age: 20

Major: Early Childhood and Special Education

Class Year: Junior

Why did you choose Millersville? I chose Millersville because they are known for their education program.

What is your favorite thing about your time at Millersville? The relationships I’ve made with different people including peers, teachers and other friends.

Why did you choose your major? I’ve wanted to do teaching since I was in third grade; I’ve always loved my teachers and they inspired me to do that for others.

Are you involved in anything on campus? Here at Millersville I’m involved with Ville Getaway Weekend and Vamoose Ultimate Frisbee.

What positions have you held in Getaway and Frisbee? For Getaway this past year I was a student facilitator and this year for Frisbee I got Co-Captain.

If someone were to join Ultimate Frisbee, what do you think is the best takeaway? In Frisbee you’re being active as well as having fun at the same time, so it’s the best of both worlds!

How would you join Ultimate Frisbee? Honestly, just show up and come play! We’re all really friendly and accept everyone.

What’s your favorite memory of Frisbee? For spring break this past year we went to Tybee Island, Georgia and played the High Tide tournament there. High Tide is the largest East Coast tournament where over 300 teams participate. You can meet a lot of interesting people there. It’s also a great bonding experience with my team and other teams across the coast.

What is your favorite thing to do on campus? I like hanging out with my friends whether it’s on the Frisbee field or around campus.

What do you plan to do after graduation? Teach abroad for a year wherever there’s anyone needed, then come back and figure out what to do with the rest of my life.

What will you miss the most about Millersville? Being able to live with or close to all my friends

Do you have a mantra you live by? If so, what is it? “In every job that must be done, there is an element of fun.” –Mary Poppins

Jenna Moyer

Millersville

My name is Jenna Moyer, I'm 21 years old, and I am currently a junior at Millersville University where I'm an Early Childhood and Special Education major. I love kids and I have a 3 year old nephew, who also happens to be my godson! My favorite color is purple and lilies are my favorite flower. I am absolutely obsessed with the show Friends! I love going to concerts, even concerts where I have no idea who bands are, because that's how you get to know good music. My favorite band is Parachute. I love my friends, boyfriend, and family, and I would have no idea what I would do without them!
The top fashion and lifestyle magazine for college women! Located in Millersville, PA <3