Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

Millersville Archives

Morgan Dyer

By Alexandra Blessing
September 19, 2014 - 5:24pm

Age: 21 Relationship Status: In a relationship Hometown: Reading, Pa. Year: Junior Major: Speech communication with an option in Public Relations Minor: Entrepreneurship Campus activities: Phi Sigma Pi Other hobbies: Reading, watching Netflix, exercising, sleeping Favorite aspect about Millersville? I love how comfortable the campus feels. I don't feel like I am on a college campus all the time. READ MORE

New Library Garden

By Alexandra Blessing
September 19, 2014 - 4:54pm

Hey collegiettes, there's something else new on campus! Over the summer, the library garden was completed outside of the newly renovated Ganser Library. Here's a "snapshot" of what the garden looks like. In between the rolling hills  of grass and flowers lies several visually pleasing statues and benches to relax outside. Here's what one section looks like! READ MORE

Linsday Olson: Expressive Dancer

By Alexandra Blessing
September 18, 2014 - 12:00pm

Lindsay is on the right. Hometown: Souderton, Pa. Age: 21 Major: Early Childhood Education Class Year: Senior Why did you choose your major? I chose my major because it has been something I have dreamed of doing since I was little. Why did you choose Millersville? I chose Millersville because I really enjoyed walking around the campus and they had a really good education program. READ MORE

5 Easy Nail-Art Ideas For A Busy College Student

By Alexandra Blessing
September 17, 2014 - 12:00pm

Let’s be real, no one has time for the crazy-insane nail art that litters your Pinterest feeds. Although they may be the perfect conversation starter in class, it will take a good chunk of your homework/social/sleeping time away from you! Not to mention for those lazy girls out there, it will just take way too much effort to even try to make your nails look presentable. We want to avoid Pinterest fails here. In order to avoid that, here are some simple ideas that look chic and won’t take much time at all to do! It’s a One-Sided Sort of Thing READ MORE

The ABC's of Millersville

By Alexandra Blessing, Jenna Moyer, Tammy Muhtadi, Amirah Mikell, Allie Remis, Rachael Ulmer
September 15, 2014 - 12:00pm

Anchor The Anchor is like a Sheetz or Wawa (depending on where you’re from). It’s a one-stop shop for all your grocery and food needs. Best attribute: The fruit bar at breakfast. They cut up fresh fruit right in front of you! See here for more information. Black A complement to our other spirit color, gold. Commuters READ MORE

Delta Zeta Turtle Tag 2014

By Alexandra Blessing
September 14, 2014 - 12:00pm

Delta Zeta will be holding it's 2nd Annual Turtle Tug! Come join us on the quad Saturday, Sept. 20 from 1-4 p.m. for Jell-O tug-of-war, raffles and fun! All pf the proceeds will be going to benefit the Painted Turtle Camp, a camp for children with life threatening illnesses. READ MORE

Galley Adds New and Improved Foods to Menu

By Alexandra Blessing
September 12, 2014 - 12:00pm

If you're returning to Millersville for this semester, you will notice there are a few new changes made to The Galley. First of all, they changed the chicken tenders! They look paler than last year, but they are healthier. They're not as deep-fried as they used to be! Additional changes that have been made to The Galley. White pizza now has a twist with some broccholi added onto it, the fries are displayed in a cup for easier travel instead of what it used to be in, and there is a new recipe for mac and cheese... buffalo chicken mac and cheese! READ MORE

Ryan Schgier: Star Brother

By Alexandra Blessing
September 11, 2014 - 12:00pm

Hometown: Cheltenham, PA Age: 20 Major: Computer Science Class Year: Junior Why did you choose Millersville? I chose Millersville for its Computer Science program. At first, I toured Millersville and I didn't like it. Then I went to a science open house and sat through a short presentation on computer science at Millersville, and knew it was for me. What is your favorite thing about your time at Millersville? My favorite thing about Millersville is the people I met. READ MORE

Anthony Terranova, '15

By Alexandra Blessing
September 10, 2014 - 12:41pm

Age: 22 Relationship Status: Single Hometown: Oxford, Pa. Year: Senior Major: Marketing and Finance Minor: N/A Campus activities: Christian fellowship groups – Intervarsity, YBC (Young brothers in Christ) and RUF (Reformed University Fellowship) Other hobbies: Good works, technology, resume building, cooking Favorite aspect about Millersville? The various opportunities to grow. READ MORE

Babysitting Ideas That Will End Boredom

By Alexandra Blessing
September 10, 2014 - 12:00pm

There’s nothing on TV, the kids are tired playing with their toys and they are now seriously getting on your last nerve. You’ve lost track of how many times a tiny human has asked you questions like “Why is the sky blue?” and “What time is it?” and “When are my mommy and daddy coming home?” All you want to do is finish your calculus homework in peace. But nope, you’re babysitting tonight. You will have a headache before the end of the night that will render you from finishing that calculus homework. Never fear, Pinterest is here! I’ve gleaned some of the best babysitting ideas I’ve found on the internet to bust boredom. The kids will want you to come back any babysit again and again…maybe it will be enough to get a raise. Pom-Pom Racing...