Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

Millersville Archives

Brittany Tomes: Honors of Languages

By Jenna Moyer
October 23, 2014 - 12:00am

Hometown: Levittown, Pa Age: 20 Major: BA French / BA Spanish Class Year: 2016 Why did you choose Millersville? It was a really affordable college with a good foreign language program, and I liked the website which had lots of pictures of the campus. What is your favorite thing about your time at Millersville? All the amazing people I’ve met and the memories I share with the friends I’ve made. READ MORE

Wraps For Your Nails

By Jenna Moyer
October 22, 2014 - 12:00am

If you're like me, you love having cute and fashionable nails, but you hate having to go to the nail salon and pay $40 to $50 a month to get them that way. Instead of going and wasting money for something that will last one week, wouldn't you rather have something that lasts two or three weeks longer and is cheaper? Go for Jamberry Nails!  READ MORE

Jenna Hammers

By Olivia K. Miller
October 20, 2014 - 7:15pm

Age: 21 Relationship Status: Single Hometown: Red Lion, Pa. Year: Junior Major: Middle Level Education with a concentration in Mathematics Campus activities: Treasurer of SPSEA (Student Pennsylvania State Education Association), Collegiate Middle Level Association, Study Buddies, Mathematics Educators of Millersville University, University Activities Board, Senior Desk Attendant.  READ MORE

The History of Halloween

By Amirah Mikell
October 20, 2014 - 12:00am

Since we were children, we’ve been celebrating the spirit of Halloween by dressing up in scary costumes, walking from house to house, collecting various assortments of candy and chanting the famously known phrase “Trick or Treat!” But can any of us recall the true reason as to why we celebrate this day? Growing up I always believed that October 31 was a day for children to have fun and dress up, but there’s more to this day than just wearing a spooky costume. According to history.com, Halloween’s origins date back to the ancient Celtic festival of Samhain (pronounced sow-in). READ MORE

Networking @ Noon

By Allie Remis
October 19, 2014 - 12:00am

Experiential Learning and Career Management is holding a program on October 20 at the Bedford House. "Networking @ Noon" is for students to prepare for job fairs and other events where you can make professional connections. READ MORE

Purple Sunset

By Rachael Ulmer
October 17, 2014 - 12:00am

A beautiful sunset over Lancaster City, just a few miles off campus! There are certain perks to being a city commuter. READ MORE

Our HC Back-to-School Survival Kit 2014

By Alexandra Blessing
October 15, 2014 - 4:33pm

Guess what we got in the mail? Our back-to-school survival kit has arrived! Because our friends at Her Campus National are so ridicuously amazing at their jobs, we're posting this blog as a thank you to both Her Campus National and their partners. So, here is our round of thanks before getting started on what awesome things we got in the kit: READ MORE

Halloween Costume DIY

By JillianDeck
October 15, 2014 - 12:00am

Halloween is only a few weeks away, and finding the perfect costume can be stressful. So why not make the perfect costume? Last year for Halloween, my friends and I had an awesome idea to be the four seasons (winter, spring, summer and fall). Although it took a little work, I think the costumes came out really cute! I was spring, and I had so much fun putting it together. I'm going to go through how I did it and what I purchased so that you can recreate this costume with ease! READ MORE

Justin Winter

By JillianDeck
October 14, 2014 - 12:44pm

(Justin is pictured on left)   Age: 21 Relationship Status: Single Hometown: Lancaster, Pa. Year: Senior Major: Communications Part time job: JB Dawsons READ MORE

Timely Warning: Staying Safe at Parties

By Abigail Patterson
October 13, 2014 - 12:00am

Imagine, it was a great weekend. You went to a couple parties, you had fun with your friends, and now it is Monday morning at Millersville University and you do not want to get out of bed. You check your email hoping to see a message saying that class was cancelled. Instead, you see another timely warning about a girl you know getting raped at a fraternity party. READ MORE