Aaron Heath: Enthusiastic Resident Assistant

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Millersville chapter.

Hometown: Cheltenham, Pa.

Age: 19

Major: International Studies

Class Year: Sophomore

Why did you choose Millersville? I mostly chose Millersville because of the money. I didn’t apply to a lot of schools and Millersville gave me the best deal. Now that I’m here, I couldn’t imagine being anywhere else. There’s a very strong sense of community and I feel that I fit in very well here.

What is your favorite thing about your time at Millersville? My favorite thing about Millersville is meeting tons of different people. There’s a very diverse group of students here, and it’s so interesting to meet people and hear about their cultures and where they come from, whether it’s just a different part of Pa, or another part of the world.

Are you involved in anything on campus? I am a part of the Honors College, I’m an RA, and I play Ultimate Frisbee.

What positions have you held in Ultimate Frisbee? I came in as a normal member of the team. After my freshman year, I was promoted to captain of the men’s team.

If someone were to become an RA, what do you think is the best takeaway? I think the best takeaway as an RA is probably the skill set that you learn from problem solving and human interaction. I’ve found that even after a semester and a half as an RA, I’m much more likely to step into conflicts to help resolve them. 

What’s your favorite memory from being an RA? My favorite memory from being an RA is probably bonding with the rest of our building staff. After we get the important stuff done at our staff meetings, we usually hear one or two stories from our residence hall director, who I’m convinced is the most interesting man alive. It’s a great time and we all get good laughs in after a stressful day.

What is your favorite thing to do on campus? My favorite thing to do on campus is play Frisbee. When I’m out playing Frisbee with the rest of my team, my mind is completely focused on that. Any other issues or conflicts that were on my mind dissolve while I’m playing. I’ve also found a second family in the Frisbee team. They’re a fun group and I believe they’re the reason I feel so connected to the University.

What do you plan to do after graduation? After graduation, I’d like to find some work in the foreign service, maybe something in the state department. That way I might get to travel, which is something that I’ve wanted to do my entire life.

What will you miss the most about Millersville? I’ll probably miss the friends I’ve made here. Of course I will stay in contact with people, but I will miss the comeradierie gained from living in the dorms, especially how everyone bonded and got together for fire alarms and power outages. Out of all of these things, I’ll miss the late nights, sitting in the hallway of Diehm Hall and just talking to people for hours. They may be people that you only ever see in passing, but for the time that you’re sitting in the hallway it’s like you’ve been best friends for years.

Do you have a mantra you live by? If so, what is it? I just think that everyone should try not to be a jerk to everyone else. The world would be a much more tolerable place. If a few people were still jerks, hopefully the amount of “nonjerkness” in the world would cancel it out.

Jenna Moyer

Millersville

My name is Jenna Moyer, I'm 21 years old, and I am currently a junior at Millersville University where I'm an Early Childhood and Special Education major. I love kids and I have a 3 year old nephew, who also happens to be my godson! My favorite color is purple and lilies are my favorite flower. I am absolutely obsessed with the show Friends! I love going to concerts, even concerts where I have no idea who bands are, because that's how you get to know good music. My favorite band is Parachute. I love my friends, boyfriend, and family, and I would have no idea what I would do without them!
The top fashion and lifestyle magazine for college women! Located in Millersville, PA <3