This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Millersville chapter.

Life can be tough, and so can beauty. We have all been there, trust me. That is why I made a list of some life and beauty hacks just for you and ones that have worked for me. Hopefully, they can work for you too.

1. Static hair

We have all been there when our hair is all sorts of static and we just can’t seem to tame it.  If you take a dryer sheet and push it in the bristles of your hairbrush, it takes away the static of your hair. If you can’t push it through just slide the dryer sheet down your hair! It’s a miracle worker ladies.

2. Longer lashes, thicker brows

Use castor oil to grow your lashes and eyebrows. You can get castor oil at Walmart or any drug store.  There are 3 ones that are used for hair growth; organic castor oil, Jamaican black castor oil, and hydrogenated castor oil. You can also use baby powder in between coats of mascara to make your eyelashes longer.

3. Best use of mascara

If you use mascara, put it in your bra or between your legs to warm it up and watch how much it works better on your lashes! I do it ALL of the time!!

4. Bobby pins the right way

I put my bobby pins in wrong for years and then one day someone told me you are supposed to use the grooved side inwards against your head.  That’s what is supposed to make them stay, jeez, was my life changed after that. If you still have trouble with them not staying in your hair, spray them with hairspray!

5. You can use hairspray to get out pen stains on your clothes

Avoid hairsprays with added perfumes, oils, or conditioners, they can stain and damage clothing. Check the ingredients list before using it.  Make sure the area is wet, then hold the hairspray about 2 inches from the stain while you’re spraying. Make sure the stain is completely soaked with hairspray.  Scrub the stain so the hairspray is in the stain.  If the stain is gone put it in the dryer.

6. Use rubbing alcohol to get sharpie out of clothes

Before doing this, make sure you place a white towel underneath your clothing.  Apply the alcohol into the stain.  Using a cotton ball or Q-tip works for small stains.  Then, press firmly and lift up and keep doing this until the stain is gone.  Never rub, always dab!! After its out use cold water to rinse the rubbing alcohol out of your clothing.

7. You can use toothpaste to get out screen/watch scratches

Put a small amount of toothpaste on a Q-tip or soft cloth and rub in circular motions until the scratch it gone! Magic.

8. White shoes again

If you have white shoes and they are not so white anymore, don’t worry. You don’t need to go out and buy a new pair. You can make a paste with 1 tablespoon of baking soda, half a table spoon with hydrogen peroxide and warm water.  Use a tooth brush to scrub the dirt and let it sit for 30 minutes.  I have tried this before on my shoes and it actually works!  

There are so many life and beauty hacks out there but these are just some I liked.  I hope these helped! :)  

All gifs currency of giphy.com.

Alexa Sulkowski

Millersville

Hello, my name is Alexa Sulkowski. I am a sophomore and a broadcasting major. I attend Millersville University. I love the beach, painting, striped pants, the piano, tacos, the gym, going to new places and a lot of other things but I don't want to take up too much space. I'm super excited to write articles and share them with you all. :)
The top fashion and lifestyle magazine for college women! Located in Millersville, PA <3