7 Things You Know if You Went From Traditional Halls to the Suites

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Millersville chapter.

1. You actually miss the depressing-color-cinder-blocks, only for how soundproofed they were.

The walls in the suites are so thin you can hear your neighbor sneeze. It really makes you wonder why you were so upset about hearing a huge thud from upstairs once in awhile.

2. You’ve accidentally grabbed your toothbrush and towel and gone out into the hall looking for the bathroom.

No? Just me? Okay.

3. You say hello to everyone you see, even if you don’t know them, and they look at you like you’re a freak.

The freshman who haven’t experienced the un-Suite life just do not seem as friendly as what’s-his-face from 2A Gaige Hall. (RIP Gaige *cries*).

4. You absolutely DESPISE having to take your trash all the way outside

Remember those ever-so-convientant-trash-cans-that-weren’t-recycle-stations at the end of the hall? Yeah. Me too. *cries again*.

5. It wasn’t uncommon to talk in the middle of the hall for hours upon hours upon hours until OOPS IT’S 8AM GOTTA GO TO CLASS.

Now if you get caught, the RAs are conditioned to think you’re up to no good, or someone yells at you because they can hear everything you’re saying and it’s 3am (again… the walls are TOO THIN).

6.You’ve lost a little appreciation for going home because you don’t have to share a gross shower with 40 other girls/boys.

There’s no “aw ma gawd YAS!” moment taking a shower in your own house anymore because now you only have to share with 1-3 other people tops. It ruins Christmas.

7. You just miss traditional life SO MUCH it hurts.

Image courtesy of The Snapper Millersville University

Walls were dirtier, floors were less comfy, and showers were gross-er… Life was better.

*Images courtesy of Giphy unless otherwise stated

Carlee Nilphai

Millersville '19

Carlee is a Millersville University graduate with a BA in Print Journalism and a double minor in Music and Theatre. Her favorite topics to write about involve career, environmental issues, pop culture, budgeting hacks, and Taylor Swift. Carlee lives in Lancaster, PA and has a corgi named Alan.
The top fashion and lifestyle magazine for college women! Located in Millersville, PA <3