This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Millersville chapter.

While some of us may be hitting beaches and venturing home for a week during spring break, there are others of us who have plans to enjoy the same spot on the couch for 12 hours a day. There’s nothing wrong with that, you deserve it! While you’re there, this is the perfect time to catch up or start a binge on some of the best TV shows out there. Here’s a few to get you started!

1. Parks and Recreation

If you’re in search of a lot of laughs in short bursts, Parks and Recreation is the perfect show to jump into. Amy Poehler is a hilarious and dedicated, waffle-loving Parks department worker, Leslie Knope, but the cast around her including Chris Pratt and Rashida Jones, makes a memoriable group you’ll find yourself actually caring about. The comedy recently wrapped after seven seasons so the opportunity to watch from start to finish has arrived at the perfect time!

2. House of Cards

Season three of this political drama just landed on Netflix at the end of February, so the timing is right to spend a few hours watching Frank Underwood (Kevin Spacey) deal with the power and manipulation of Washington D.C. Every episode of each season goes up on the same day – aka binging done right! All your friends have been talking about it, so use this break to get in on the conversation!

3. Pretty Little Liars

It’s been five years now, but this ABC Family show is finally teasing the reveal of ‘A’ at the end of March in its current season. You’ve heard everyone obsessing over it around you, so this break could finally be the time to see what everyone’s been talking about – just in time for the huge reveal!

4. Game of Thrones

If you’re looking for something a little darker, or you’re just a fan of Peter Dinklage, you should find yourself tuning into Game of Thrones. Season five is just around the corner, so if you want to avoid spoiling ANOTHER plot for yourself, catch up over break so you can watch the new season live with the rest of the world! 

5. Friends

Sometimes the classics are the best place to start. It doesn’t matter if you’ve seen every adventure of Rachel, Ross, Monica, Chandler, Phoebe and Joey 100 times, or haven’t seen a single episode (well, no – if this is you, go watch it right NOW!), it’s still as funny as the first time. Every episode is now on Netflix!

6. Orphan Black

Sci-fi fans can enjoy the mysteriousness of this show revolving around a group of clones as they uncover their lives crossing and worlds interweaving, but the real draw of this show is the incredible acting by Tatiana Maslany. She plays a handful of clones, but gives each character their own personality and mannerisms that you almost forget Maslany is playing sometimes up to five characters in a single scene. You have to see it to believe it!

7. Scandal

If you’re looking to be glued to your screen for hours at a time, Scandal is one of the best choices you can make. Every episode leaves you jaw-dropped with its twists, turns and crazy plotlines. The epic acting by Kerry Washington as she solves politic crises in Washington D.C. amidst an affair with the president of the United States is enough to draw you in, but you’ll find yourself staying for the supporting characters who make every scene riveting and worth tuning in when it’s on live. 

Mike Nitroy

Millersville

I'm Mike and I'm currently a junior majoring in digital journalism with a minor in psychology. My hobbies include writing, finding new music, video games, and anything T-Swift (really, who doesn't love her?) I'm a member of psychology club, Millersville Mentoring Alliance Program, and work at the University Bookstore. 
The top fashion and lifestyle magazine for college women! Located in Millersville, PA <3