rodion kutsaev 8P uQaTd8rw unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
rodion kutsaev 8P uQaTd8rw unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

5 Ways To De-stress During Finals Week

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Millersville chapter.

Finals week is probably the most stressful week of any college student’s life. Long nights, endless studying, and enough coffee to cause a caffeine overdose! Although this week from hell has already begun, try these 5 easy activities to release some stress and keep yourself on top of your game!

1. Do some yoga

Yoga is a great way to keep calm and relaxed. No yoga mat or experience needed! Throw a towel down on the floor and look up a good YouTube video! A great video for beginners is here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OQ6NfFIr2jw. 

2. Try coloring

Everyone remembers last year when adult coloring books were all the rage. But the thing is, they really do help! Sitting down for just an hour to color can really make all the difference! And let’s be honest, we all love to do it.

3. Netflix

Need I say more?

4. Have a spa day

A great—and cheap—way to do this is simple. Head over to your local drug store, grab a face mask, some bubble bath, and some tea lights. Set it all up with your favorite music and a book, and you’ve got yourself your own personal spa.

5. Watch Christmas movies!

My favorite way to celebrate Christmas is by turning on a cheesy Hallmark Christmas movie and getting my favorite comfort food. Make sure you get in your coziest pjs and cuddle up under some blankets!

Don’t worry, collegiettes, the semester is almost over! Finish strong and, most importantly, take care of yourself now to prevent post-finals burnout. 

*All images courtesy of Giphy

Jessica Moore

Millersville

I'm currently a junior at Millersville Unversity studying biology! I started at HC as a first semester freshman and have been with it ever since. Along with writing passionately for Her Campus, I am also a member of Alpha Sigma Tau.  My passions include reading, writing, animals, and food. In my spare time, I thoroughly enjoy binging netflix, reading a good book, and taking naps.  Instagram: @jessy_poo96 Twitter: @jessy_poo96
The top fashion and lifestyle magazine for college women! Located in Millersville, PA <3