This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Millersville chapter.

Watching movies around Halloween is just one of the many staples of fall. Below you will find the top five genres of Halloween movies and some suggestions of movies to watch this Halloween season!

1. The Childhood TBT Movie Lover:

This is the genre of Halloween movies that I prefer the most! There is nothing better than cuddling up and watching you favorite old Halloween movies. My two favorite suggestions for this would be Halloween Town (how can you go wrong with any of the Halloween Town series, am I right?!?), and Twitches 1 and 2. I would watch these movies around Halloween every year as a younger child and they are even great to watch as an adult as well.

2. The Horror Movie Lover:

This is my least favorite movie category, but props to the people who can actually get the whole way through them! Many people enjoy the idea of being frightened around Halloween, so if that is you then I have two suggestions for you! The Purge series is always a good one for a slight scare as well as an exciting plot line, those movies keep me on the edge of my seat. My other suggestion is to go see the “new” movie It. I personally have not seen it yet, but all of my friends have been raving about how scary it is. Go check those out if you love horror movies!

3. The Comedy Movie Lover:

Who doesn’t love a good comedy movie?! I know I do! If you are really into comedy movies, then there are still some Halloween movies for you to watch. The Scary Movie series is really great if you are looking for a great laugh about scary movies. I also would suggest watching Ghostbusters, it has a slightly spooky theme to it, and it is sure to give you some good laughs while you watch it.

4. The Cartoon Movie Lover:

Cartoons are such a fun style of movie to watch and they are a staple to watch from year to year. I personally love It’s The Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown. It is so entertaining and just makes you feel good around Halloween time. If Charlie Brown is not for you then try watching The Nightmare Before Christmas. It is a great cartoon to watch, and the mix of Halloween and Christmas is entertaining for all!

5. The Action Movie Lover:

Romance is one of those movie genres that never gets old because who doesn’t love watching people fall in love?? I have two lovely suggestions for you gals who love romance! My first suggestion is Copse Bride, I know, I know, another Tim Burton movie, but trust me this movie is good! You get the best of both worlds with it being a little scary and a little bit romantic. My second suggestion is Edward Scissorhands. It combines romance and fantasy in a wonderful way. 

HCXO, Lexie

*All images courtesy of Giphy

Lexie Sites

Millersville '20

Hi! My name is Lexie Sites and I am a Early Childhood Education major with a STEM minor! HerCampus has allowed me to push my comfort zone, so I hope you enjoy reading my articles! HCXO, Lexie
The top fashion and lifestyle magazine for college women! Located in Millersville, PA <3