5 Necessities to Pull off the Ultimate Galentine’s Day

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Millersville chapter.

This is for all my fellow single ladies that are not afraid to admit that they are single! Just because you don’t have a significant other doesn’t mean that you can’t celebrate Valentine’s Day. This year you can pull off the ultimate singles party! No need to be bitter when you have your BFF’s with you, some fruity drinks, special treats and a party playlist. Here are the five things you need for your Galentine’s Day Party:

1. Have the goods

Spice up the girls’ evening with a mini-dessert bar that will make you happy to celebrate being single. Allow you and your girls to get creative and bake a cake that you can decorate with heart and gold sprinkles. 

Try making one of these delicious and easy no-bake cheesecake cups and garnish it with a strawberry to get fancy.

Or keep it simple and chocolate covered pretzel sticks, fruit or marshmallows for a snack.

2. Get your *POP, FIZZ, CLINK* on

Try making a fruity and refreshing drink to get the party started! Nothing says it’s V-DAY like a good drink.

3. Set-up a fun photo-booth

For any and every holiday, you need to take photos so you can savor the moments and look back at the fun times. Try some DIY-printable props and pose for a pic!

Posting these pics will make every girl envy your bashful Galentine’s Day party.

4. Get the party going and keep the party going with the right tunes

Try finding the ultimate playlist for you and your girls. It doesn’t need to be anti-love music, but whatever gets you feeling happy and wanting to dance is a good playlist!

5. Put on a good chick flick to unwind to

Even though we all know you are single and chick flicks are totally overdone, it’s our guilty pleasure to watch romantic movies.

Following these tips for pulling off the best Galentine’s Day will be sure to make it the best party ever and also to make sure you are not alone on this day. Remember this:

XOXO

Angelica Lopez

Millersville

Hello my fellow Collegiate ladies! I am currently a Senior at Millersville University studying communications and public relations. I joined Her Campus in January 2014 as a contributing writer. It was the best decision I ever made in my college career because it gave me excellent opportunities and a chance to meet an awesome group of collegiate women just like me! I have served as publicity director and I am currently the vice president of the Millersville Chapter. I am a lover of fashion, photography, all things make-up related and creative.
The top fashion and lifestyle magazine for college women! Located in Millersville, PA <3