5 Interactive Places to Check Out This Summer for Lancaster County Locals

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Millersville chapter.

Now that the semester is coming an end, we finally have time to focus on some SUMMER FUN! Have you made your summer plans yet? If not, Her Campus Millersville has got you covered! When it comes to living in Lancaster County, we definitely aren’t two minutes from the beach, so we find other activities to compensate for not being the average summer vacation spot. People always think that there is nothing to do here just because they see so much farmland and because towns are so spread out. Well for those of us that live here, we all have our own personal spots that we go to. So here are five places you should check out over the summer to make it a fun in the sun and adventurous one to remember.

Hersheypark- Hershey, PA

Hersheypark is such an amazing and fun amusement park that is truly fun for the whole family. It features 13 rollercoasters that excite like no other in addition to the ginormous waterpark that is also a key feature. I have always been an avid fan of Hersheypark, so much that I got a season pass three years in a row back in high school. So if this doesn’t convince you, maybe Hershey’s Chocolate World will, or even one of the many concerts they have at the Hershey Arena.

Visit http://www.hersheypark.com/tickets/index.php to check out their website and ticket prices.

French Creek State Park- Elverson, PA

Visit this not only gorgeous state park, but also super natural and peaceful park. There are a series of things you can do: such as hiking trails, camping and staying the night, take a swim at the pool or set up a barbeque and have a picnic at one of the family areas provided.

For more information, feel free to check out their website at http://www.dcnr.state.pa.us/stateparks/findapark/frenchcreek/.

Refreshing Mountain Retreat and Adventure Center- Ephrata, PA

This adventure center hosts a lot of different summer activities that do appeal to many people. Get an adrenaline rush by zip lining through a ten-line course, visit the pool, or take part in some day adventures which features group activities, sports opportunities and team building opportunities. I never thought I would ever go zip lining, but when an opportunity presented itself I did the unthinkable and went. By the end of the course, all of my fears were gone and I was thinking about the next time I would go.

Check out their website for at https://refreshingmountain.com/ additional information such as pricing and other fun activites they offer. 

Have a date Downtown- Lancaster, PA

Even if you live in Lancaster or around Lancaster City, you may not have explored all the cool things they have to offer. It’s not just about visiting First Friday, art galleries and eating at Rachel’s Creperie, there are many other things to do like attending a paint and wine night. These parties are the perfect combination for a group date with your friends. Lancaster is also the perfect entertainment area for bar-hopping around the square (only if you are 21 and over of course). If you haven’t been to Marion Court, Tellus 360 or Altana, it’s time you go explore and visit these nightlife bars. 

Visit the bay- Northeast, MD

Northeast is an easy hour long drive from Lancaster City which makes it completely doable for a summer activity. Notheast is a small beach-styled town that is filled with various places to eat crabs and enjoy scrumptious seafood. One place I love in particular is Chris’s Crabshack, which is an outdoor area that you can have all-you-can-eat crabs and grab a fruity drink meanwhile having your feet in the sand. The bay is right along the Northeast strip, which you can find multiple areas that allow you to enter a private spot on the bay which is a more exclusive version of the beach.

I hope that Summer 2016 is filled with adventures, sun and lots of fun! Be sure to check out these interactive places so you can feel like you made the most of you summer.

XOXO, 

Angelica

Angelica Lopez

Millersville

Hello my fellow Collegiate ladies! I am currently a Senior at Millersville University studying communications and public relations. I joined Her Campus in January 2014 as a contributing writer. It was the best decision I ever made in my college career because it gave me excellent opportunities and a chance to meet an awesome group of collegiate women just like me! I have served as publicity director and I am currently the vice president of the Millersville Chapter. I am a lover of fashion, photography, all things make-up related and creative.
The top fashion and lifestyle magazine for college women! Located in Millersville, PA <3