This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Millersville chapter.

From reading boring books about the history of mathematics or the philosophy of logic, it’s easy to understand why college students’ brains tend to dislike reading. Since you’re already procrastinating on homework by reading this article, you might as well continue to procrastinate by reading one of these awesome books! Here are five books that will make you rekindle your love for reading again. Maybe you’ll start a new romance with reading that you never had before. Because telling a professor that you didn’t finish your homework because you couldn’t a book down is a lot better than telling them your dog ate it.

1. The Opposite of Loneliness by Marina Keegan

This first book is definitely a book that all college students can relate to, especially those near graduation. The book contains essays and stories written by the late Marina Keegan, who’s tragic death took an amazing writer too soon. Filled with both fiction and nonfiction the stories, all beautifully written, the book contains characters and experiences that everyone can relate to.

2. I Wrote This for You by pleasefindthis

I Wrote This for You is hard to describe because the title says it all–it was written for you. No reader will read the book the same. This book is a poetry and photography project and each page will hold a different meaning for the reader. This is perfect for anyone who has minimum time but still wants to enjoy a good book. WARNING: will require tissues.

3. Leave Your Mark by Aliza Licht

Leave Your Mark is written by Aliza Licht, also known as the DKNY public relations guru. Even though this book has been dubbed the PR bible, you don’t have to be in the public relations field to benefit from it. Learn how to land your dream job through Aliza’s tips and read her story about how she landed hers. This book is a must-read for anyone about to enter into the “real world” and ready to start looking for their dream job.

4. Chasers of the Light by Tyler Knott Gregson

This poem book is filled with inspirational prose. Perfect for the busy college student, his poems are only about a page long and can be read in any order. He writes about love, wisdom, nature and much more.  Each poem emotes a different feeling, but all are equally inspirational and heartfelt. If you want a sample of what his poems are like and to read some of his daily haikus, check out his Instagram (@Tylerknott). An exerpt from this book is below.

5. Yes Please by Amy Poehler

Being a huge fan of “Parks and Recreation,” and Amy Poehler in general I was very excited to read her book; I wish the pages never stopped! Yes Please is filled with the brilliant and hilarious Amy Poehler’s thoughts, lists, stories and brim with witty advice. WARNING: will cause you to skip homework to read (but at least you’re reading right?)

I am a Communications Major with an option in Public Relations and a minor in Print Media Studies. I am a coffee addict, holiday themed oreo lover, and am obsessed with anything to do with puppies. Other than Her Campus I am a member of the Public Relations Student Society of America and Intern. Music has always been a huge part of my life. I have played the viola for 12+ years now and LOVE going to concerts. My ultimate goal would be to work in the public relations field in the big city. I'm constantly pinning cool places to travel and follow so many travel blogs on tumblr. I can't wait to travel and see what this world has to offer.
The top fashion and lifestyle magazine for college women! Located in Millersville, PA <3