5 Best Things To Do On A Rainy Day

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Millersville chapter.

It can be really hard to keep busy on a rainy day. Sleeping the whole day can be a go-to, but considering the whole month of April is a rainy day, that can get old pretty quick. Here are some fun and easy ways to keep busy on your next rainy day. So like…tomorrow.

1. Self Care Day

A rainy day inside is the perfect day to catch up with yourself. Take a long bubble bath, drink some tea, re-read your favorite book and just spend the day relaxing.

2. Binge Watch

There are so many movies and TV show on my to-watch list, I would love a day in to just watch a bunch of them in one swoop. Write a list, and the next time a gloomy day rolls around you can cheer yourself up with some good bingeing.

3. Bake Something

If baking isn’t your thing, ignore this. But if you have a soul and you love making warm, gooey desserts that bring love to your taste buds, spend the day baking! Make cookies, brownies, cake, or get fancy and learn something like creme brulee or baked Alaska.

4. Read

If you like reading, spend the day under the blankets with a cup of tea and a new book. It’s relaxing for the body and stimulates the mind.

5. Sleep

In college, it can be really difficult to get a good amount of sleep. If you can afford to take a day off during rainy weather, just catch up on sleep. Never be ashamed of sleeping too much if you’re really sleep deprived or just tired.

*All Images Courtesy of Unsplash.com

Carlee Nilphai

Millersville '19

Carlee is a Millersville University graduate with a BA in Print Journalism and a double minor in Music and Theatre. Her favorite topics to write about involve career, environmental issues, pop culture, budgeting hacks, and Taylor Swift. Carlee lives in Lancaster, PA and has a corgi named Alan.