The 411 on the Galley

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Millersville chapter.

Taco salad Tuesday, buffalo chicken pizza and cheese steaks… can you guess what I’m talking about? The Galley, of course. As a sophomore here at Millersville, I could only hear stories about the Galley from my upperclassmen friends and did not have the opportunity to see for myself what this place was all about until the spring semester, however once I had the opportunity to try out the Galley I was instantly hooked. Not only does the Galley give you the opportunity to see your friends, but it offers quite the selection of food you can either grab and go, or sit and enjoy.  The Galley is also a great place to spread the word about organizations and activities going on around campus, especially during the lunch rush.

Walk into the galley at lunchtime and you can see so many people, sometimes it is a pain to find a table, but hey, that’s what the concept of making new friends is for. You can push tables together if you have large groups of people, or enjoy the chic round café-style tables for a smaller group. You can grab something in between classes, or you can enjoy a meal with your sisters, brothers, teammates, friends or study group.  

Not too sure when the Galley is open? Well, you can grab lunch or dinner there Monday through Friday. It opens at 11:00 a.m. for those who need to grab lunch before a class at noon, and closes at 7 p.m. for those of you who want to avoid the usual mob of people that invade Upper Deck for dinner. You can pay with your meal allowance, flex, Marauder Gold (MAP) and cash!

There is such a wide range of options to choose from, I know some days it takes me a little bit of time to figure out what I want to eat. They offer a soup of the day, mac and cheese, assorted fruits, yogurts and munchies if you want something light, as well as things with a little more sustenance. Looking for something healthy? Try out the salad bar, which offers taco salads on Tuesdays as well as a pasta option depending on the day. At the deli you can make a hoagie or a wrap. There is also a pasta bar that offers assorted sauces and pastas, including wheat pasta. Not watching your figure, feel like indulging on a guilty pleasure? Try the oven baked pizza, French fries, chicken tenders or cheese steaks.  Feeling like mixing it up a little? They also offer burritos as well as assorted Asian cuisine options. There is also the cappuccino machine, freshly baked cookies, multiple juices, and Turkey Hill and Gatorade options to choose from.

If you feel like changing up things and not utilizing the all you can eat option that Upper Deck or the Bistro offer, then the Galley is a great choice. It is also a great place for commuters or students who decide to pack their lunches to eat with friends who have meal plans because you don’t need to swipe you card to enter the dining area. So next time you want to grab a bite to eat, socialize or meet with a group, give the Galley a chance!

Sources:
Trevin Nagle- Student Manager
www.millersville.edu

Amber Strazzo

Millersville

Amber Strazzo was born in Queens, NY, but raised in Lancaster, PA. She is currently a Senior at Millersville University, studying Public Relations and Journalism. Amber is the Vice President of Programs of the Xi Tau chapter of Delta Zeta, and is very active in Greek life on her campus. She's a self-proclaimed social media junkie, and loves shopping, her Nook and catching up episodes of Pretty Little Liars. After college, Amber plans to head south for grad school for student affairs.