samantha gades BlIhVfXbi9s unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
samantha gades BlIhVfXbi9s unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

4 Helpful YouTube Channels For College Students

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Millersville chapter.

I don’t know about you, but when I try to sit down with my laptop, and get some homework done, I always end up on YouTube. Always. It’s like some magnetic force, where one minute I’m successfully writing a paper about molecules, and the next, I’m watching some guy trying to eat 200 chicken nuggets in 20 minutes. But YouTube isn’t just for wonderfully strange videos! There is so much knowledge out there, waiting to be consumed, and the best part? It’s all free. Hopefully some of these will enhance your learning experience and keep you entertained!

1. CrashCourse

The holy grail of all the subjects. With courses like world history, physics, literature, philosophy, psychology, biology, and economics just to name a few, there’s something for everyone in this wonderland of playlists. Each video is animated and will guide you through the subject in an extremely detailed manner. 

2. Khan Academy 

If you’ve never used their website before, you need to check it out. This free educational resource has it’s own YouTube channel, which features subjects like biology, finance and math. If you’re mathematically challenged like me, this channel will save you.

3. TED

Sometimes I leave a class and have no idea what my professor was talking about. This tends to happen with my major-oriented classes, so I always turn to Ted Talks when I need a re-cap or different perspective. Hearing the speakers share their knowledge or stories can help to understand certain issues better. They can be super inspirational, and there’s tons of specific tops to dive into!

4. Bozeman Science

THIS GUY. He will actually make things make sense. He has playlists for just about every science class you could think of: biology, physics, environmental science, chemistry, anatomy, physiology. The list goes on. Science lectures can be a total drag if you’re just taking them for a gen-ed requirement, but hopefully Bozeman Science can help you out!

HCXO,

Lisa

Lisa Conolly

Millersville

I am currently a sophomore at Millersville University, and I'm studying sociology! Besides writing for Her Campus, I love going to concerts, taking day trips to the beach, practicing yoga, and hanging out with friends on campus.  
The top fashion and lifestyle magazine for college women! Located in Millersville, PA <3