15 Signs the Semester is Almost Over

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Millersville chapter.

It’s that time of year again, collegiettes. And, no, I’m not talking about Christmas. It’s almost finals week and we’re all losing our minds. Here are some signs that the semester is almost over…

1. You have that complicated feeling that nothing matters but at the same time feeling like everything matters

2. All your projects and essays are due on the same day

You can’t help but question if your professors plotted together and chose the day of reckoning together…

3. You have more coffee in your body than blood

I truly don’t know how people live without coffee. If it wasn’t for my first cup of coffee every morning I wouldn’t make it through the day.

4. You find yourself so stressed and depressed that you are constantly fighting back tears

I find it extremely helpful to schedule in crying sessions. Let yourself cry and then force yourself to keep going. #boss

5. You feel like a complete and utter failure when you get a test back

After endless hours of studying and preparing the whole semester, when you don’t get the grade you expected on a test it feels like a shot to the chest.

6. You start questioning the meaning of life

With everything coming to an end, you can’t help but think about all the other credits you still need in order to graduate. Will you ever get to leave this place? What’s the point of school if you don’t know if you have a guarenteed job afterwards? What’s the point of anything?

7. All you want is to be at home with your family

You know you’ve been calling home too many times in one day when your mom answers the phone with, “For goodness sakes, what on earth do you want now?”

8. You realize there’s never enough time in the day to get everything done

I had a moment this past weekend where I laid on the floor and had a complete melt-down. Then I got back up and started making lists. I know it seems like everything is crazy right now but if you try to chunk all the work and give yourself your own due dates, it makes things a little less hectic.

9. You’re scared to go to sleep because you’re afraid of nightmares about the future.

For me, finals is a signifier that college is one step closer to being over and, let’s be honest, who’s seriously ready for job hunting and paying back student loans?

10. You start struggling to bite back your sarcastic comments during class

There’s always that one student in your class that has bugged you from the very beginning. As the semester gets closer to ending, you can’t help but struggle with keeping all your comments to yourself.

11. All around you start turning into an unpleasant human being

If someone tells me “Smile, it looks better on you” one more time I. Will. Flip.

12. You stop caring what you look like and start looking like you’re still in your pajamas

Comfortable clothes make me feel happy – finals make me feel crappy. Don’t judge me…

13. You have to start bribing yourself to go to class

I swear I’ve spent more than $50 on Dunkin’ Donuts coffee within these past few weeks alone. #sorrynotsorry

14. You’ve already accepted the inevitable failure of a class

Need to know what grade you need on your final to pass the class? Check out Conquer College and it will do the math for you!

15. You attempt to convince yourself that everything is going to be okay – even if you don’t truly believe it.

It’s alright collegiates, we can do this! One more week before finals! I know it’s tough but, just think, soon you’ll be able to sleep in and binge watch Netflix all day during winter break. 

Go out and conquer the last week!

*All images courtesy of Giphy.

Elizabeth Nace

Millersville

The top fashion and lifestyle magazine for college women! Located in Millersville, PA <3