10 Thoughts Everyone Has Had About the Potential Strike

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Millersville chapter.

It’s no surprise now that the faculty is seriously considering to strike. If a strike were to happen, it would affect 13 other universites besides ours. However, no one is really talking about the strike so it leads the students to have some questions and concerns. The only information we are recieving is via Passhe emails, giving us a link to a fact center. So here are 10 thoughts that might have crossed students minds this semester.

1. When it was first mentioned that there might be a strike

No one believed that the strike would actually become as real as it is now. Everyone went about this new semester like any other: without a worry, making new friends, and procrastinating on assignments.

2. Contemplating what it would be like if classes were cancelled

Then you start to realize it could be a possibility and how nice it would be to not have to go to classes. You wouldn’t have to wake up early for 8 ams, take exams, or show up to anything really.

3. Time passes by with no mention of what’s happening

We’re quite a few weeks into the semester and everything is really quiet about what’s going to happen. So you think there is nothing to worry about and go on with your kinda-adult lifestyle.

4. Strike date gets announced

Then, out of nowhere, the strike date was announced by APSCUF on Twitter. They stated that if they and the state system don’t agree on a contract, the faculty will strike on October 19th.

5. Questions start flooding over you like, “Will I still be able to graduate in December?”

All the December graduates are in a panic because they don’t know if this will delay their graduation. Will everyone have to make up missed classes?  

6. Will I be here during the holidays?

Finals week already goes until Decemeber 16th and no one wants to be here longer than that. Classes just can’t run into the most wonderful time of the year!

7. What about homecoming?

Homecoming is set for October 22nd this year and that is when everyone likes to let loose. Between the parade, the tailgate, the football games, and all the parties, who would wanna miss this?

8. Professors aren’t saying anything about it

There is all of this discussion about the strike in newspapers, online, social media, and on television, but the professors are saying nothing. They just come into class everyday pretending like they aren’t just going to walk out on us in the middle of class one day.

9. Wondering why everyone just can’t get along

All of this talk about arguing about contracts just has you thinking about why can’t everyone just be happy and get along. Then you remember its 2016 and people have been arguing nonstop this year.

10. Still not knowing what’s going to happen

Now we are all just waiting until October 19th to see what happens.

The top fashion and lifestyle magazine for college women! Located in Millersville, PA <3