The top five reasons you’re probably missing that mOment

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Miami chapter.

Sex. Love it or hate it, by now you probably have had it. Whether you lost it to that amazing high school boyfriend who you most likely hate by now or you accidently had a few margaritas and decided to go home with the cutie who was feeding them to you, it’s no question that at Miami, it seems like most students have gotten busy. No matter how many times you’ve done it, chances are you haven’t had that amazing, mind blowing moment. The one that’s supposed to make your toes cringe, your eyes roll back into your head and basically make you feel like you’ve had an out-of-body experience. It’s a known fact that guys reach that point of ecstasy way more than girls could ever dream of…and here’s five reasons why you aren’t joining them.

1) You’ve got something else on your mind
Stressing over that test you forgot to study for or worrying about whether or not your best friend got home okay are all valid things to think about….after or before sex. During sex, your mind should be focusing on more intimate things. If your mind is racing with things other than how amazing your feeling then chances are you’re not going to get to your peak. Trust me when I say that you probably are well prepared for your test and someone definitely is taking care of your best friend. So push any and all things like that out of your mind and enjoy the task at hand.

2) The position you’re working with
Most guys, by now, know what position works for them. The same however can’t be said for girls. So many movies now a days give girls the impression that a simple one-and-done missionary style will get the job done. Sadly, those movies are horribly wrong. All girls are different and so the position that best helps them climax varies. Most studies show that girls are more likely to get there on top. So take out that “Cosmopolitan” version of the kama sutra and try out any and all positions that require a little dominance from your side of things.

3) Too drunk
So let’s say you do end up going home with the cutie at the bar who has been buying you drinks all night. No harm, no foul, but if you’re at that point where you can barely stand, chances are you’re going to have a hard time doing…well pretty much anything. Drunken sex equates to sloppy sex and let’s face it; you’re never going to climax if you and your partner are being sloppy. Chances are the sex is going to go on far longer than you’ll be able to keep up with.

4) Not into the guy
Sexual attraction is everything. If you’re not sexually attracted or even remotely interested in the guy you choose fornicate with, then let’s be honest, why are you doing it in the first place? For the exercise? You could probably burn more calories on an elliptical.

5) You’re too focused on the mOment
Last but not least, if you are wholly and solely focused on having an orgasm, believe me, you won’t. Just like anything else in life, the more you want something, the more it will elude you. You should be using those brain waves to relax your mind and clear your thoughts-trust me, your body will follow swiftly if you do.

Having an “o” moment is probably one of the greatest gifts to females that could ever be received. I sincerely hope that this article helps each and every one of you get there and don’t worry if, after taking these facts into account, you still aren’t getting to your peak then don’t fret, it takes some time to get there, but the wait is well worth it.

Jackie Salo is a freshman at the University of Miami School of Communication. Currently, she writes for The Miami Hurricane. In high school, she was the Editor-in-Chief of the school newspaper The Courant. The paper won various awards such as the 2009 American Scholastic Press Association's Best Newspaper First Place with Special Merit award, the only paper in the Northeast to do so. Jackie has had work published in The Long Island Press, and Boating Times Long Island where she interned. She was the Quill Awards Most Outstanding Journalist of the Year and was the only high school student to be recognized by News Channel 12 for High School Journalist of the Year.