This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Miami chapter.

ShopMissA is an online store that sells make-up products and other items for only $1.00. I obviously knew that I wasn’t going to be getting Urban Decay and Nyx makeup products for that cheap of a price, but there are some well-known brands like e.l.f. and LA Colors on this site for cheaper than retail. I thought that this was too good to be true – makeup that is good quality for only $1? I bought a couple of items from the site just to try them out. I ended up spending $6 on items and about $6 on shipping. If you spend over $30, your shipping is free in the US.

AOA Wonder Matte Liquid Lipstick- Crush 4/5 stars

This liquid lipstick can hold up with the best of them – it lasted longer than my Urban Decay Vice liquid lipstick. It dries down to a smooth, matte finish that looks almost velvet. The applicator is a doe-foot applicator like most liquid lipsticks, which is great for lining your lips before you fill them in. I needed between two and three coats to get this to be fully opaque, but you get the quality you pay for. Some cheaper makeup has a chemical smell that accompanies it, but this lipstick smelled faintly of vanilla like the Kylie lip kits.

Eyeshadow Pigment – Glitz & Glam in Shade 33 4/5 stars

This eyeshadow pigment comes in a small pot that basically explodes on you when you open it. I have never used loose pigments before, so that might have been my problem! This shadow is a beautiful reflective gold. I have used it in looks as both an eyeshadow and as a highlighter because my skin tone is also golden. A little bit goes a long way with this shadow – when I first tested it on my eyes, there was so much extra pigment flaking off because my normal amount of eyeshadow was too much for this shadow. The only downside to this is that it is incredibly messy, but if you don’t mind a small mess then it really isn’t too much of an inconvenience. 

AOA Wonder Jelly Sponge – Glitter Oval 1/5 stars

I love following beauty gurus like NikkieTutorials and LauraLee on YouTube. The “in” craze a few months ago was using a silicone sponge (or a chicken cutlet insert lol!) to blend in your makeup rather than a brush or beauty sponge. The resaon people were trying the silicone sponge is that it doesn’t soak up your expensive foundation like another sponge or a dense-bristled brush. This is not my cup of tea – it took too much blending out and I used about the same amount of product that I do with my beauty blender, as well as leaving my makeup streaky. I do like it to blend out my eyeshadow primer, but I wouldn’t repurchase this like I have with my beauty blender. 

AOA Wonder Liplock – “Potion” Mattes in Detox 5/5 stars

I am not a fan of dark lipsticks because my teeth are kind of yellow from years of consuming copious amounts of caffeine. I figured that I would rather try out this trend with a $1 lipstick so that I wouldn’t be upset that I spent a ton of money on something that I won’t use. I’m used to spending about $20 per lipstick from brands like Kat von D, Urban Decay, and Kylie Cosmetics. Surprisingly, this lipstick is extremely pigmented and I only needed one swipe per lip to get full coverage. This formula is moisturizing, but not too wet that it looks glossy. It also comes off easily without staining lips, even after wearing it all day. You will have to reapply throughout the day, but for a $1 lipstick, this is amazing quality. 

Eyelashes-WISPY 4/5 stars

I only use false lashes for special events like weddings and sorority formals, so I don’t use them very often. I have very straight and full lashes, but they just aren’t long enough and they don’t hold a curl, even with a heated curler. These lashes look AMAZING on my lashes and blend fairly well. They are a tad long for the length of my real lashes, but they would be the perfect length for someone with normal length lashes. I usually have to cut the lashes to fit my eyes because they are smaller, but the lash band fit exactly the way that I like it, without having to painstakingly cut off the length centimeter by centimeter. I also love they way that they look behind my glasses – normally when I wear false lashes with my glasses on, you can barely tell I have them on. I only have one lash on in the below picture to show you the difference between the false lashes and my normal lashes with no mascara or curling. 

AOA Sculpting Brow Pencil- Dark Brown 5/5 stars

As you have seen in the above pictures, I have approximately four eyebrow hairs that are very light brown, despite my natural hair color being almost black. I have to draw on my eyebrows in order to look like a person instead of an egg. It is hard to make your eyebrows natural looking when you have to create them out of product, but this brow pencil makes it easy for me to sculpt my brows. It is a bit waxy if you press too hard, but that helps me keep my hairs in line – there might not be a lot of them, but they are wild and have a mind of their own. The pencil is shaped like an angled pyramid, which allows you to outline your brows and then fill them in easily. It just so happens that I like the thickness of my eyebrows the thickness of this pencil, so it is perfect for me. The dark brown is lighter in person than online, so I recently ordered the darkest color (Ebony) to mix with the dark brown so it matches better with my hair color. The colors in this line run more red, so if your hair has a cool undertone or is ‘ashy,’ these pencils would not be for you. 

All in all, ShopMissA is a toss up depending on what kind of products you are looking for. I gave up using and Anastasia Brow Wiz for a $1 eyebrow pencil, which is saying something. They also sell jewelry, sheet masks, and hair accessories. I can’t wait to see what you guys get ad how you like it!

All photos are mine, except the header image, which is a screenshot of ShopMissA’s homepage. 

I love makeup, crime TV, and melted cheese.