Sabrina Cheikhali ‘18

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Miami chapter.

Meet 20-year-old sophomore Sabrina Cheikhali. She was born and raised in Miami and her parents are Syrian. She is double majoring in Business law and Marketing with the intention of attending law school. Her hobbies include listening to music, baking and trying new food — she goes to a new restaurant with her best friend at least once a month. Sabrina also loves dogs (and plans on having lots of them in the near future!). 

What organizations are you involved in on campus?
“I’m a member of FEC. I’m a teaching assistant at the school of business and serve as a peer counselor for the BUS101 course. I’m also a co-editor of the Academics section at Ibis Yearbook.”

What are your dreams for the future?
“I just want to be doing something I love with awesome people. I want to travel and try new food and form new relationships with people from all walks of life. Also dogs. I want a lot of dogs. Corgis specifically.”

Where do you see yourself in 10 years?
“In ten years, I’ll be 30. College is said to be the best four years of your life, but by 30 you are said to have most of your life figured out. So, I’m hoping I’ve landed a career in law. By 30 I want to see more of the world and learn more about myself. Maybe be married and settled down? I don’t know, that’s such a long time from now, the possibilities are endless. I also want to meet Drake. I’m hoping by thirty I’ll meet him.”

Name a cause that is very important to you.
“One of the many causes that’s near and dear to me is the American Cancer Society. I think with all the advancements in technology, we’re close to fighting such a horrible thing. I’m hoping we can find a cure for it during my lifetime. It hurts me to see how many people have been affected by it.”

What is your weirdest talent?
“I can wiggle my ears. I discovered it one day and it is the weirdest thing I’ve ever realized I could do.” 

What would your perfect day look like? 
“My perfect day would be waking up without an alarm at any time my heart desires, heading to class or work so it feels remotely productive, and then hanging out with my close friends on the beach.” 

What is the one thing that should be taught in schools that isn’t?
“There are so many things that aren’t taught in schools that should be, but these are also things that need to be experienced, not learned in the classroom.” 

If you could go anywhere right now, where would you go?
“I would love to go to Toronto. Not just because of Drake.” 

What’s one thing you’re really proud of?
“I’m really proud of my work ethic and time management. I can juggle a ton of different priorities and manage work and school and family obligations.”

What is the one superpower you’d like to have?
“I would love to have the ability to fly. I’d be in so many places in the span of a few minutes or hours. And to be able to see the world through a bird’s view would be really interesting.” 

If you could time travel, would you travel to the past or the future?
“I would love to time travel to the future. We learn about the past but have no idea what the future holds.” 

Who do you look up to the most? 
“I look up to my mom the most. She’s been through so much and sacrificed so much for me to ensure that I got everything I wanted. I would be happy to have half the strength she does.”

Image creidt: Sabrina Cheikhali

I love writing, cheesecake and Fanfiction.