This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Miami chapter.

When you’re home on winter break, it can get kind of lonely. The childhood friends you used to hang out with have gone their separate ways, siblings are always busy and in some cases, you’re buried in snow and don’t want to head out. Luckily, Netflix is always there for you. One month is plenty of time to binge watch what will become your new obsession and knock some stuff out of the ever-growing “To Watch List.” Below find our top picks to conquer this winter break.

For the 80s Lover: Freaks and Geeks

Netflix Description: Studious “mathlete” Lindsay starts hanging out with a group of burnouts, worrying her parents while Lindsay’s brother, Sam, struggles to confront a bully as a freshman in high school.

Season(s): 1

Episode Length: 45 minutes

For the Mystery Lover: Sherlock

My Description: Depicts Sherlock Holmes solving various mysteries in modern day London assisted by his flatmate and friend, Dr. John Watson who blogs about their adventures.

Season(s): 4

Episode Length: 1.5 Hours (3 episodes per season, that’s why!)

For Comedy Lovers: Parks and Recreation

NBC Description: From Emmy Award-winning executive producers Greg Daniels (NBC’s The Office and King of the Hill) and Michael Schur (NBC’s The Office and Saturday Night Live), Parks and Recreation is a hilarious ensemble comedy that follows Leslie Knope (Emmy and Golden Globe nominee Amy Poehler, NBC’s Saturday Night LiveBaby Mama), a mid-level bureaucrat in the Parks and Recreation Department of Pawnee, Indiana, and her tireless efforts to make her quintessentially American town just a little bit more fun.

Season(s): 7

Episode Length: 20 minutes

For the 305 till I Die: Jane the Virgin

Wikipedia Description: Set in Miami, the series details the surprising and unforeseen events that take place in the life of Jane Gloriana Villanueva, a hard-working, religious young Venezuelan-American woman whose family tradition and a vow to save her virginity until her marriage to her detective boyfriend are complicated when a doctor mistakenly artificially inseminates her during a checkup. To make matters worse, the biological donor is a married man, a former playboy and cancer survivor who is not only the new owner of the hotel where Jane works, but was also her former teenage crush. In addition to adjusting to pregnancy and then motherhood, in the initial episodes Jane is faced with questions about her professional future and the daunting prospect of choosing between the father of her baby or her boyfriend. As the series evolves, in predictably unpredictable telenovela fashion, the issues shift as her child grows into a toddler, her writing career moves forward, and her family members likewise develop independent plot lines.

Season(s): 4

Episode Length: 45 minutes

For the History Buffs: The Crown

Wikipedia Description: The Crown traces the life of Queen Elizabeth II from her wedding in 1947 to the present day. The first season depicts events up to 1955, with Claire Foy portraying the Queen in the early part of her reign. The second season is intended to cover from the Suez Crisis in 1956 through the retirement of the Queen’s third Prime Minister, Harold Macmillan, in 1963 following the Profumo affair political scandal. A third season will include Princess Margaret’s five-year affair with baronet and gardening expert Roddy Llewellyn.

Season(s): 1

Episode Length: 1 hour

For Squad Goals: Friends

Netflix Description: Rachel Green flees her wedding day and seeks out childhood friend Monica Geller, a New York City chef. They become roommates, and Rachel joins Monica’s social circle of single people in their mid-20s: struggling actor Joey Tribbiani, business professional Chandler Bing, masseuse and musician Phoebe Buffay and newly divorced paleontologist Ross Geller, Monica’s older brother. To support herself, Rachel becomes a waitress at Central Perk, a Manhattan coffeehouse where the group often hangs out; when not there, the six are usually at Monica and Rachel’s nearby West Village apartment, or Joey and Chandler’s across the hall.

Season(s): 10

Episode Length: 30 minutes

For Sci-Fi Lovers: Black Mirror

My Description: A television anthology series that shows the dark side of life and technology with each episode being an entirely different plot line from the previous.

Season(s): 4

Episode Length: 1 hour

For Mother/Daughter Bonding: Gilmore Girls/Gilmore Girls: A Year in the Life

IMDB Description: A dramedy centering around the relationship between a thirtysomething single mother and her teen daughter living in Stars Hollow, Connecticut.

Season(s): 7 + 1 Netflix continuation season

Episode Length: 1 hour (Gilmore Girls), 1.5 hours (Gilmore Girls: A Year in the Life)

For Bosses: Mad Men

AMC Description: The series revolves around the conflicted world of Don Draper (Hamm), the biggest ad man (and ladies man) in the business, and his colleagues at the Sterling Cooper Draper Pryce Advertising Agency. As Don makes the plays in the boardroom and the bedroom, he struggles to stay a step ahead of the rapidly changing times and the young executives nipping at his heels. The series also depicts authentically the roles of men and women in this era while exploring the true human nature beneath the guise of 1960s traditional family values.

Season(s): 7

Episode Length: 1 hour

For Jokesters: The Office

NBC Description: From Deedle-Dee Productions, Reveille and Universal Television, the multi-award-winning comedy series The Office presents a hilarious documentary-style look at the humorous, and sometimes poignant, foolishness that plagues the 9-to-5 world. Based on the award-winning BBC hit, The Office is a fly-on-the-wall “docu-reality” parody of modern American office life that delves into the lives of the workers at Dunder Mifflin, a paper supply company in Scranton, Pennsylvania.

Season(s): 9

Episode Length: 30 minutes

For Suspense Lovers: House of Cards

IMDB Description: A Congressman works with his equally conniving wife to exact revenge on the people who betrayed him.

Season(s): 5

Episode Length: 1 hour

For Drama Lovers: Riverdale

Netflix Description: A subversive take on Archie and his friends, exploring small town life, the darkness and weirdness bubbling beneath Riverdale’s wholesome facade.

Season(s): 1

Episode Length: 1 hour

Thank you Netflix! 

Kaitlin is a junior majoring in Marketing and Advertising. She was the Editor in Chief of the Ibis Yearbook, a Marketing Research Lab Assistant, a SOBE, and a 'Cane for a Day. On the weekends, she likes to read, explore the city, and try new places to eat.