This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Miami chapter.

As the season of boots and baggy sweaters comes to end, the residents of Miami must brace themselves for the inevitable hot and humid weather of Florida that is looming just around the corner. To help make the transition from nice to gross weather a little better, I have compiled a list of the must have sandals for Spring/Summer! The following sandals are great for those long walks (or in some cases runs) from class to class, and will also complete any brunch outfit. 

The Steve Madden Donddi-V ($69.95; multiple colors available)

As many people are aware, velvet is where it’s at in fashion right now. These Steve Madden sandals have just the right amount of velvet and just the right amount of comfort. You’re guaranteed to get tons of compliments in these trendy shoes.  

Tory Burch Miller Flip Flop ($195.00)

Although a tad pricey, these flip flops are extremely comfortable and also very fashionable. Tory Burch offers a variety of colors, but the black and brown ones are guaranteed to go with any outfit. 

ASOS Fergie Two Part Chunky Sandals ($34.00)

Looking to add a little height? Well these are the perfect shoes for you! These platforms can be dressed up or dressed down. They also perfectly encompass that crazy holographic trend!  

ASOS FREED Leather Lace Up Sandals ($28.00)

These leather sandals are unique and edgy. One of the latest styles to hit stores is a covered sandal with a peep toe. These leather statement sandals are perfect for running around campus or a night out! 

Taygete Sandal: Ancient Greek Sandals ($200 via Revolve Clothing) 

Sliders are a must have for many, and are great for running errands or going out. These high fashion rose gold sliders are sure to have your friends talking and will also make you feel like you just walked off the runway. 

All photos are taken from the links provided. 

My name is Gabrielle Martinez. I am a freshmen at the University of Miami. I am currently an English major and I aspire to be a lawyer. I enjoy writing about fashion, food, and entertainment.