Looking for a Weekend Activity? Check out the Lincoln Road Antique Market

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Miami chapter.

As most of us learn as Canes, brunch is a must on the weekends in Miami. But what are we supposed to do after our bank accounts are emptied from indulging in this South Florida ritual and we still have an entire day left before the week begins? Well, if you’re already on South Beach or you’re willing to take the short drive down to the beach, Lincoln Road holds a fun and unique Antique and Collectible Market on certain Sundays of the month (schedule in link below). 

I discovered this local gem of a market a few years ago with my family. More recently, I was struggling to come up with something to do with my friend who was coming home from school for spring break. I remembered this one-of-a kind bazar and so our fun began! 

We started off our morning by having brunch at Books and Books, which was quick and inexpensive (well…for a tourist hotspot). I had an omelet and my friend savored her delicious looking tacos. We also splurged on some lemonade, which was very refreshing. 

After brunch, we hit the market. Admission is free and you’re welcome to explore all of the different tents set up by the vendors. The stalls at the antique market sell items such as vintage designer accessories, jewelry, handbags, clothing, vinyl records and some really cool furniture. My favorite item of the day (which I contemplated buying but didn’t and now regret it) was a retro turquoise Miami sign that would fit perfectly in any room. 

The antique market is also held at the same time as the Lincoln Road farmers’ market, so if you’re not feeling brunch, you can grab a quick cup of fruit or an empanada from one of the many food stalls lined up along the road. 

The next Lincoln Road antique market will be held on Sunday, April 9. For more information about dates and the market check out this link:

http://www.lincolnroadmall.info/lincoln-road-antique-flea-market-sunday-schedule/

My name is Gabrielle Martinez. I am a freshmen at the University of Miami. I am currently an English major and I aspire to be a lawyer. I enjoy writing about fashion, food, and entertainment.