Documenting Your Time @ The Happiest Place On Earth

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Miami chapter.

If you’re a Florida native like myself, you’ve been going to Disney World since you were in diapers. For others living further away from Orlando, attending the theme parks may have happened once or twice during your childhood but not much there afterwards. Living in Miami, the trip is only a relatively short car ride away and a top destination for college students during Fall Break, long weekends, and the long-anticipated Spring Break. The only difference in going to Disney World now as adults (Besides being far too old to pull off the Princess costumes), is now we can document our adventures firsthand. With hundreds of possibilities to choice for your perfect Insta selection, the task becomes a little daunting and overwhelming. This guide will take you through a complete day at a Disney World resort and help inspire or narrow your selections for your Snap stories and Instagram posts.

The Arrival:

Right as you enter the gates to paradise, a huge welcome archway greets you featuring your favorite mouse couple.

#SquadGoals:

Whether you’re spending the day at the parks with your boo, your family or your friends, there’s cute pictures to be taken in front of each park’s landmark (Cinderella’s Castle, the Chinese Theatre, the Tree of Life or the EPCOT Ball). If you’re anything like me, you’re more than likely in some sort of Disney gear or even a step further, matching with your crew.

The Scenery:

There is not one stone left unturned at Disney. Every tree, post and literal inch of the park has some sort of adornmnet on it. During the holidays and special events such as Magic Kingdom’s 45th Anniversary seen in the second image, the parks are transformed to match, adding extra magic to it all.

The Characters:

The parks do a phenomenal job of bring all your childhood favorite to life. While you cannot meet all characters regularly, special events such as Mickey’s Not So Scary and Disney’s Marathons provide you with the opportunity to meet more rare characters such as as all seven of Snow White’s dwarves. Characters also have costume changes depending on the time of year; most notably the princesses wear their winter gear during the cold months but switch to summer outfits in the summer. The casting of them could not be more perfect; all of the characters are exactly how you would think they would be. My favorite (Especially if I’m with my boyfriend) is Gaston.

The Food:

The parks have traditional theme park food (burgers, chicken nuggets, fries, etc.) but what they lack in creative food, they make up for in cute desserts. By rule of thumb, you have not been to Disney if you didn’t have the Mickey-shaped ice cream bar. On trend at the parks is adorable cupcakes. The one featured here is from Magic Kingdom, but at Hollywood Studios you can find Star Wars ones that are equally to die for. Pairing it with the park brochure and a “First Visit” or ” We’re Celebrating” button makes for a nice picture set up. There is also a Starbucks at every park for your traditional Starbucks picture moments.

The In-the-Momens//Rides:

Throughout the course of the day, you will encounter all sorts of picture-perfect moments. Whether you’re in the middle of a ride, seeing a show on stage or admiring the parade floats, you’re going to want to have your camera ready. If you have one, I would bring along your Polaroid camera for some extra fun. Below are some of my favorite Disney pictures from the past year:

Last but not least, fireworks:

Every park has their own fireworks, park-closing finale; with the expansion of Hollywood Studios to include more Star Wars content, they also have a light show projection event as well. These are always the absolute best to take pictures of and the perfect wrap up to your magical day.

Kaitlin is a junior majoring in Marketing and Advertising. She was the Editor in Chief of the Ibis Yearbook, a Marketing Research Lab Assistant, a SOBE, and a 'Cane for a Day. On the weekends, she likes to read, explore the city, and try new places to eat.