Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

Miami Blog

What to expect this homecoming

By Vanity Adams
October 20, 2012 - 11:52pm

Homecoming has finally arrived. Whether this is your first homecoming, your second, or sadly your last: it is of no question that Homecoming is one of the highlights of being a University of Miami student. Where else can you get the opportunity to smash (literally) an old FSU car? Where else can it be socially acceptable to begin tailgating at 2 pm for an 8:30 game? Only in Miami and only at the U. With the Homecoming activities that have taken place throughout the week coming to a close, the fuel for homecoming doesn’t slow. In fact it increases with three major events coming up this weekend. We here at Her Campus Miami want you to be fully prepared for the debauchery that is sure to ensue within the next two days. That being said, here’s what you can...

The top five reasons you’re probably missing that mOment

By Vanity Adams
October 12, 2012 - 10:29am

Sex. Love it or hate it, by now you probably have had it. Whether you lost it to that amazing high school boyfriend who you most likely hate by now or you accidently had a few margaritas and decided to go home with the cutie who was feeding them to you, it’s no question that at Miami, it seems like most students have gotten busy. No matter how many times you’ve done it, chances are you haven’t had that amazing, mind blowing moment. The one that’s supposed to make your toes cringe, your eyes roll back into your head and basically make you feel like you’ve had an out-of-body experience. It’s a known fact that guys reach that point of ecstasy way more than girls could ever dream of…and here’s five reasons why you aren’t joining them....

Three Fashion Choices in Miami I will never understand

By Vanity Adams
October 6, 2012 - 4:10pm

Miami, one of the fashion capitals of the world. University of Miami, perhaps one of the diverse campuses in Florida with people from various countries who bring their amazing culture to our beautiful campus. With such a diverse group of men and women cohabiting in one learning environment, it goes without saying that with that comes different fashion styles as well. I’m all for exploring the new fashion styles and discovering the latest trends but there is a huge difference between something that’s up and coming and something that should have never arisen in the first place. You all know the exact styles I’m talking about and if you don’t…well prepare to have your eyes opened because I guarantee after reading this, you’ll start noticing these fashion...

The Three W's of Fantasy Fest

By Vanity Adams
September 29, 2012 - 12:01pm

With September starting to leave us behind and October arriving in no less than three days, the one thing on every minds is Fantasy Fest. Or at least it should be. With my hotel finally booked and my costumes well on their way to being completed, my excitement for this amazing festival is clearly evident as I bring it up in nearly every conversation I have. However much to my displeasure, I’ve discovered that a large majority of people not only didn’t know it was coming up, but to make matters worse, didn’t know what it was. So with that in mind, here’s a crash course in all things Fantasy Fest. READ MORE

The Five Biggest Lies You'll Be Told at Miami

By Vanity Adams
September 21, 2012 - 10:47am

It’s been a little over month since we’ve all arrived back to this little thing we call paradise...or wait I mean school. Being that the “freshman” phase is over for a majority of my friends, you would think that by now we’d all be good at recognizing a lie when we’re being told one. Maybe it’s because most of us are still remembering how well our summer flings treated us; maybe it’s because we’re in the mindset of new year and new boys; or maybe it’s just because we all want to believe so badly that summer changed the John Tuckers from last year. Whatever the case, ladies, you all need to splash some cold water on your faces and look beyond the amazing bodies and dazzling smiles. READ MORE...

Tailgating 101

By Vanity Adams
September 13, 2012 - 3:38pm

There are two things that come to mind when one thinks about the University of Miami. The first? Our amazing, 24/7 vacation weather; we do in fact live where most people vacation. The second? Our football team. With football season well under way and the anticipation of our first home game running high, it is of no surprise that this week I want to talk about the one thing that comes hand in hand with a home game: tailgates. Regardless of who you’re going with, proper tailgating knowledge is in fact essential. Lucky for all you, you have me to cover it. READ MORE

9 Things You Should Have Learned Freshman Year

By Vanity Adams
September 6, 2012 - 12:01pm

As you kiss your summer flings goodbye, fill your suitcases to the brim with clothes and return to our beautiful campus, you can’t help but notice the smell of innocence that engulfs it. The sudden crowdedness of the school walkways and strictness of the Grove scene can only mean one thing: the freshmen have arrived. Whether you’re like me, freshly upgraded to upperclassmen status, or you have the unfortunate circumstance of being even closer to your graduation days, I think we all can agree that your first year here at UM brings with it some important lessons. That being said, here’s a list of what I consider to be some of the most important lessons that freshman year should have taught you....

HC UMiami's Guide to Types of College Campus Hook Ups

By Jordan Schuman
May 1, 2012 - 8:00am

We’ve all had them. We’ve all brought them up to use against our friends when they say “I wasn’t that bad last weekend.” And we’ve all tried not to spit up our coffee at breakfast as we listened to stories from the night before. We aren’t proud of all of them, but like it or not, we’re offenders more than we realize.

There are actually many types of college hook ups, and no matter what college you attend, every girl will at one point experience them. So here’s a list of the most common situations you might find yourself or your best friend running into. READ MORE

Walk of Shame 101

By Vanity Adams
May 1, 2012 - 8:00am

As the school year winds down to a close, it has come to my attention that out of any and all possible issues that I have addressed on here, the most prominent one has been left out. Whether you’re saying sayonara to your freshman year or have reached that stage of “I’m not really leaving here am i?” (seniors, I’m talking to you), the issue that most girls, and even guys, can relate to is the ever so popular Walk Of Shame.  You all know what I’m talking about too - those girls who stumble in at ten, eleven, and sadly sometimes one in the afternoon, with their heels in hand, makeup astray, looking down to avoid the judging stares of their respective peers.  We all look on, hiding the smirk playing upon our lips, as the smell of sex enters the room, right when...

Turning Your Spring Fling Into A Summer Thing

By Vanity Adams
April 24, 2012 - 8:00am

With summer right around the corner, the question on every girl’s mind lately is, “How do I keep the guy I’ve been hooking up with for the past two months around during the summer?”  However long it has been, you and your boy have somehow managed to get past that one night stand, grove make-out session and turn what you two have into something a little more…routine. You spend almost every night in his room or vice versa if you were smart enough to not loft your bed. You may or may not hold hands. He brings you breakfast in the morning. Basically, he gives you enough attention for it to be justified for you to call you guys a “thing.”  In our world today, a “thing” means that girl and boy are “talking” or are inexplicitly together without...