This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Miami chapter.

I have always had trouble finding a foundation that matched me perfectly – most foundations end up making me look gray and sliding off my face because of how oily it made me. As someone with neither cool nor warm undertones, but a weird olive green cast, it is extremely difficult to find a foundation that doesn’t make me look gray or doesn’t exaggerate the red irritation from my acne. Adding to the odd undertones, I also happen to have very oily skin. You girls out there with oily skin know that most foundations and concealers on the market are marketed toward women with dry skin (just like most shampoos that shout the words “moisturizing’ or “hydrating” at you from the shelves). I have found three foundations at three different price points that have both mattifying coverage that lasts all day and amazing shade ranges. I wore each foundation for 10+ hours in above 80-degree weather. The Anastasia Beverley Kills Stick Foundation, Fenty Beauty Pro Filt’r Soft Matte Longwear Foundation and L’Oreal Infallible Pro Matte 24HR Foundation. Here’s how it went. 

1. Anastasia Beverly Hills Stick Foundation (Retails for $25.00)

I wear shade “Caramel” in this new foundation formula – described on their website as being for medium skin with warm undertones. I put this foundation on over Tarte Shape Tape Concealer (in shade medium) and set my entire face with Almay’s Loose Power (in shade medium). I wore this foundation in 90+ degree weather as I watched my little sister graduate high school in a un air-conditioned soccer arena. My makeup looked the same as when I first applied it at 9 am as it did when I went to go take it off at 10 pm when I was going to bed later that night. I didn’t have to use blotting sheets at all that day, which I would normally use 2-3 times if I didn’t have makeup on.

1. Fenty Beauty Pro Filt’r Soft Matte Longwear Foundation (Retails at $34.00)

I wear shade 290 in Rihanna’s new foundation line – described on her website as for medium skin tone with a neutral olive undertone (I was shook when I found this foundation because it finally matched my undertones!). I wore this foundation last weekend when I was helping my sister move into what will eventually be our condo. With the thermostat out of order for the painters to paint the walls, it was sweltering; even though it’s nearly fall in Michigan. This foundation is so soft and doesn’t even feel cakey if you need to put two layers on some areas like I do, to cover acne irritation. The foundation is liquidy and less viscous than some liquid foundations, but that’s not necessarily a bad thing. I am slightly allergic to both papaya and pineapple (both extracts are used in small doses in this formula) and I did break out a little after using it. I would advise not using a setting power because you won’t need it – this foundation keeps you matte all day long, even if you’re putting in lighting fixtures and pulling up carpeting. It definitely lives up to all parts of its name!

1. L’Oreal Infallible Pro Matte 24HR Foundation (Retails at $12.99)

I wear shade 107 Fresh Beige, which is best for (you guessed it!) medium skin tones with warm undertones. This is a foundation that I put on when I don’t want to put on a ton of makeup and just want to even out my skin tone. This medium coverage foundation works will with my tried and true Almay setting powder (in shade medium) to make my face stay matte for hours. I’ve worn this through sorority formals and dancing all night and I’ve worn this through a full day of class topped off with six hours of meetings. This is my go-to for a casual day when I need a little more coverage than just my powder. You may have to touch up once during the day if you’re wearing it for longer than 8 hours or you’re sweating profusely (as we do in the South Florida heat), but you won’t have to touch up more than once.

Even though it seems that fall is approaching, those of us who have lived in South Florida for longer then a few months know that fall is basically a myth. It might cool down a few degrees, but the humidity will more than make up for it.

All photos are mine, except the header image that comes from http://www.oliversmarket.com/assets/images/New_Site/Health_Beauty/HABAMa…

I love makeup, crime TV, and melted cheese.