Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

Miami Archives

What to expect this homecoming

By Vanity Adams
October 20, 2012 - 11:52pm

Homecoming has finally arrived. Whether this is your first homecoming, your second, or sadly your last: it is of no question that Homecoming is one of the highlights of being a University of Miami student. Where else can you get the opportunity to smash (literally) an old FSU car? Where else can it be socially acceptable to begin tailgating at 2 pm for an 8:30 game? Only in Miami and only at the U. With the Homecoming activities that have taken place throughout the week coming to a close, the fuel for homecoming doesn’t slow. In fact it increases with three major events coming up this weekend. We here at Her Campus Miami want you to be fully prepared for the debauchery that is sure to ensue within the next two days. That being said, here’s what you can...

Things to Do in Miami

By Jacqueline Salo
October 20, 2012 - 11:50pm

Art Walk at Wynwood Art District
READ MORE

Find Matthias Kammerer DJing on South Beach

By Vanity Adams
October 20, 2012 - 11:48pm

Matthias Kammerer Sigma Phi Epsilon brother, University of Miami Student, and prominent DJ... all at the age of nineteen. It’s no question that the University of Miami attracts a vast amount of students who “into” the art of DJing, but rarely do we ever see DJ’s at the University who actually show promise, especially ones as young as Matthias. If you have never seen this Texas born gentleman on the ones and twos, then you have yet to experience music being played at its finest. I got the chance to sit down with this up and coming DJ star to let readers get some insight as to who Matthias is, both as a person and as an artist. READ MORE

Senior George Dufournier

By Alexandra Hurtado
October 20, 2012 - 10:55am

Age: 22
Hometown: Paris, France
Major: Music Business
Relationship Status: Single
Celebrity Crush: Natalie Portman Hobbies: Skiing, Tennis, Soccer
Favorite Place to Eat in Miami: Little Lotus, SuViche, & Sugarcane Raw Bar Grill
One Thing You Look for in a Girl: Intelligence
Favorite Place in Miami: Brickell
Idea of Your Perfect Date: Dinner with a good conversation
3 Things on Your Bucket List: 1. Moving to Beijing 2. Backpacking through South America 3. Learn to cook READ MORE

Lupe Fiasco Homecoming Concert

By Jacqueline Salo
October 12, 2012 - 10:43am

Who: Lupe Fiasco
What: HP Productions hosts its annual homecoming concert. Last year's act was Ludacris.Get your tickets for free at the UC Box Office.
When: October 19th
Where: Bank United Center READ MORE

The top five reasons you’re probably missing that mOment

By Vanity Adams
October 12, 2012 - 10:29am

Sex. Love it or hate it, by now you probably have had it. Whether you lost it to that amazing high school boyfriend who you most likely hate by now or you accidently had a few margaritas and decided to go home with the cutie who was feeding them to you, it’s no question that at Miami, it seems like most students have gotten busy. No matter how many times you’ve done it, chances are you haven’t had that amazing, mind blowing moment. The one that’s supposed to make your toes cringe, your eyes roll back into your head and basically make you feel like you’ve had an out-of-body experience. It’s a known fact that guys reach that point of ecstasy way more than girls could ever dream of…and here’s five reasons why you aren’t joining them....

Sophomore Luke Hamilton

By Monika Montero
October 9, 2012 - 11:21am

This week HerCampus spotted Sophomore Luke Hamilton and knew he had to be our next Campus Cutie. Here's what the mysterious Canadian had to say... Age: 21.
Hometown: Calgary, Canada.
Major: Musical Theatre. (Don't worry ladies, he's straight.)
Any weird talents? Whistling like a bo$$.
Describe your perfect girl: Blair Brownstein (Call me).
Favorite place in Miami: Can't beat Biscayne.
Grove or South Beach? South Beach. READ MORE

How I Met Your Mother Episode 8.3 – “Nannies” Recap

By Sean Oldak
October 9, 2012 - 11:10am

Robyn: Nick signed for a package at my apartment.
Ted: Victoria keeps tampons in my apartment.
Robyn: Dammit! Tonight’s episode of How I Met Your Mother had three main story lines: Marshall and Lilly’s search for a nanny for Marvin, Robyn and Ted arguing over who had the better relationship, and Barney trying to deal with life without Quinn. READ MORE

Views on Campus

By Jacqueline Salo
October 6, 2012 - 4:19pm

READ MORE

Three Fashion Choices in Miami I will never understand

By Vanity Adams
October 6, 2012 - 4:10pm

Miami, one of the fashion capitals of the world. University of Miami, perhaps one of the diverse campuses in Florida with people from various countries who bring their amazing culture to our beautiful campus. With such a diverse group of men and women cohabiting in one learning environment, it goes without saying that with that comes different fashion styles as well. I’m all for exploring the new fashion styles and discovering the latest trends but there is a huge difference between something that’s up and coming and something that should have never arisen in the first place. You all know the exact styles I’m talking about and if you don’t…well prepare to have your eyes opened because I guarantee after reading this, you’ll start noticing these fashion...