pang yuhao kd5cxwZOK4 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
pang yuhao kd5cxwZOK4 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

50 Graduation Caps to Get Your Creativity Flowing

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Miami chapter.

Graduation is upon you, senior! In a short span of two weeks, you will be off to the real world, kicking butts and taking names. But before you can hop on the plane to your next adventure, you first have to conquer one last step: the commencement ceremony. Leave UM with a bang with the best decorated graduation cap at the Watsco Center. Here are some pro tips followed by 50 of the most creative caps I found while doing research for this article to get you started

• Practice on a dummy cap first (or paper!). You don’t want to find out your artistic abilities haven’t changed since Kindergarten on the real cap
  • While its most common to decorate the top of the graduation cap, remember the base is also seen so consider decorating the back portion of the base or the rim!
  • Michaels ALWAYS have coupons; check their weekly newsletter for weekly offers (It’s right on the top right of their homepage!)
  • Not feeling the time commitment? Etsy has quite a number of vendors that will decorate your graduation cap for you, so check it out!
  • Practice run the cap; you don’t want a bejewelment or sticker falling mid-ceremony. If you don’t think something will stick, hot glue that sucker on.
  • Make sure you and your friends don’t have the same idea. There’s no “one of us has to change” on graduation day.

On to the 50 best caps I saw. Forewarning: Several are Disney or Spongebob themed. Not sure how it happened, but embrace it.

Kaitlin is a junior majoring in Marketing and Advertising. She was the Editor in Chief of the Ibis Yearbook, a Marketing Research Lab Assistant, a SOBE, and a 'Cane for a Day. On the weekends, she likes to read, explore the city, and try new places to eat.