10 Ways to Have Hot Chocolate This Fall

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Miami chapter.

Hot chocolate: one of the most decadent and tasty treats of the fall season! A cup of hot chocolate tends to bring about feelings of warmth, happiness and bliss.

No matter how hard of a day you’re having, a cup of hot cocoa is enough to bring you from a state of hurt, sadness or frustration into a place of hope, possibility and glee. If you’re looking for ways to get into the fall spirit, check out these different renditions of this classic beverage!

1. Pumpkin Spice Hot Chocolate

Pumpkin Spice is known as a fall favorite. This recipe calls for a blend of creamy pumpkin, cinnamon, nutmeg and sweet chocolate, and it will quickly bring your heart and taste buds back to center. Find the full recipe here

2. Peppermint Hot Chocolate

The warmth of this beverage and the cooling effects of peppermint fuse together perfectly here. A step further than a York Peppermint Patty, this liquid fire and ice allows for a soothing of the throat and a warming of the spirit. Get the recipe here.

3. Hazelnut Hot Chocolate

A combination of cocoa powder, hazelnut spread and cinnamon, this hot chocolate recipe calls for relaxation in its purest form. Put on your cozy pants and lie in bed while sipping on this decadent drink. Check out the recipe here

4. Mexican Hot Chocolate

This is my absolute favorite recipe! The fusion of cayenne pepper with sweet chocolate chips creates a bursting of flavors and excitement. The gentle burn of the cayenne and the sweetness of the chocolate chips are enough to light up your taste buds and soothe them simultaneously! Find this sweet and spicy combo recipe here

5. Mocha Hot Chocolate

If you’re looking for a way to get some extra caffeine in your system, this is the recipe for you. The sweetness of cocoa mixed with the powerful kick of a coffee bean is a wonderful combination for feeling energized and happy. Find out how to make it here

6. Red Velvet Hot Chocolate

This recipe is incredibly tasty. When most people think of red velvet, they think of a cake, a cookie or a cupcake. With this version here, red velvet becomes a drinkable flavor as well. Topped with cream cheese whipped cream, it’s a perfect way to have your cake and drink it too. Get the full recipe here

7. Milk Chocolate Peanut Butter Hot Chocolate

If you’re a fan of Skippy Peanut Butter or Reese’s Cups, this is the hot chocolate recipe for you. Velvety chocolate is blended with creamy peanut butter and marshmallows to create a sugary and comforting treat. Find Martha Stewart’s recipe here.

8. Lavender White Hot Chocolate

The wonderful thing about hot chocolate is that there is more than one type of chocolate that can be used for it! This white hot chocolate recipe draws in lavender buds, white chocolate chips and milk. Together they craft a new experience for the mind and taste buds. You can find the tasty treat recipe here

9. Vegan Hot Chocolate

Whether you’re vegan or not, this recipe is filled with lots of love and soul. It’s guaranteed to serve anyone that it serves itself too. Created with almond milk, coconut sugar, and unsweetened cocoa powder, these items collectively embody the richness and loveliness of what hot chocolate really is. You can find this recipe here

10. French Vanilla Hot Chocolate

The stark contrasts of vanilla and chocolate flavors come together in this wonderful recipe. Calling for vanilla, milk, cocoa and sugar, it creates a balanced environment for both those that love vanilla more than chocolate and those that love chocolate more than vanilla. This beverage is the happy medium. Get the full recipe here.  

As you can see, there’s a hot coco recipe for everyone’s taste buds. And though there are hundreds of different ways and varieties that one may prepare the beverage, at the base of each one is love. Honestly, hot chocolate feels so good because it brings about the feelings of love and comfort. Today, I ask that you ignite your inner love and comfort, in whichever way feels best. For in serving yourself, you will be able to serve the world from the love in which you are.