david menidrey MYRG0ptGh50 unsplash 1?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
david menidrey MYRG0ptGh50 unsplash 1?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

What To Wear To Your Halloween Date Party

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Miami (OH) chapter.
Halloween is creeping up on all of us here in Oxford…and we all know how Miamians love Halloween season. Finding a costume for yourself can be tricky enough, now imagine coordinating a costume for you and your date. HC Miami is here to help take the stress off of costume creation by leaving you all with some fun ideas that will hopefully spark your creative juices!

That being said, here are some HC approved costumes bound to leave the other dates astounded by the cleverness and hotness of your costumes:

United forces: Nothing’s sexier than a girl/guy in a uniform, right? If you plan this outfit right and aren’t afraid of a little grunge or dirt, you two are sure to be a hot commodity at the party. Try pairing combat boots with a camo print outfit and complete the costume with an American Flag bandana and some brown makeup smudges to resemble dirt.

Footballer: This second theme suggestion involves every guy’s favorite fall sport: football! It’s best if collegiettes go as the football player and leave the coaching to their date. This is a really cute way to show your fun sporty side by choosing your favorite player and dressing up like him, while letting your date get into his element as a famous coach.

Nerds: Go to the date party dressed as the classic childhood candy, Nerds! Wear glasses and paint cardboard boxes to wear (colored shirts also work) to resemble Nerds candy and make a play on the wording. 

Where’s Waldo?: This is one of my personal favorite costumes I’ve seen a couple wear. Dress up as Waldo characters Waldo and Wenda. This is a foolproof way to have your date looking for you all night ;)

Beer Pong: Now this outfit will take some serious coordination, but with one of you as the red solo cup and the other as a ping-pong ball, this costume is a guaranteed crowd pleaser.

You never know, play your cards right this Halloween and you and your date may just make the cut on our Style Blog!  

Morgan Weemhoff is a sophomore at Miami University. She is the Event Coordinator for the Miami (OH) Chapter of Her Campus.