andrew neel z55CR d0ayg unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
andrew neel z55CR d0ayg unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Top 8 Spring Break Destinations

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Miami (OH) chapter.

March will be here before you know it and with that comes one of the best weeks of second semester: Spring Break! This is a time for relaxation, letting loose, and best of all, a break from academic life. If you haven’t booked a trip by now, get on it, and fast! Here are the top 8 spring break destinations for college students.

1. Cancun, Mexico:

Photo credit: Trip Advisor

The classic spring break spot for college students is Cancun, no doubt. With all of the staples you’re looking for: sandy beaches, clear water, partying, and restaurants. You can easily find cheap rates for you and your group. Hot weather, good eats, cold drinks, seriously what more could you want? Check out this 24 hour all-inclusive resort, Rui Hotel.

2.Punta Cana, Dominican Republic

Photo Credit: Travel Channel

Not into the whole Mexico thing, but you’re still looking for a tropical getaway? Head down to one of the most popular islands in the Caribbean; the Dominican Republic. You and your crew can easily find an affordable resort for all night partying and all day lounging. If you’re not into all that there’s plenty of options from golfing to whale watching to exploring the national park.

3.Gulf Shores, Alabama

Super cheap, yet loads of fun! Stay in the homeland with all of your friends in a beach house this spring break. The weather may not be tropical, but at least you’ll have the beach, great friends, and the luxury of in-state cell service. 

4. Cabo San Lucas, Mexico

Photo Credit: Welk Resorts

How does relaxing on the beautiful west coast of Mexico for a week sound? Pretty good? That’s what I thought. Cabo is known to be a little more low key than other spring break destinations in Mexico if you’re not into the party crowd.

5. Nasseau, Bahamas

Photo credit: New York Daily News

The islands are calling. If you’re over the usual Mexico trip that you took with your family numerous times in grade school, but looking for the break from the continental U.S. Be a Bahama mama for a week on the beautiful island of Nasseau. Must Do: Swim with the dolphins. 

6. Los Angeles, California

If you are looking for more of a go-out-and-do vacay, plan a trip to L.A. From shopping Robertson Blvd to snapping pics of the famous Hollywood sign to pretending to be a kid again in Disneyland, there is so much to. Cali is waiting for you! 

7. Miami, Florida

Photo credit: Destination 360

You really can’t beat the nightlife here! Plan a trip to this neon city filled with amazing people watching and sunny skies. Miami is a great choice if you are 21 plus. 

8. Panama City Beach, Florida

Photo credit: Emerald View Resorts

Last, but certainly not least. The holy grail of college spring break destinations in the U.S., PCB! Your days will be filled with beach parties, concerts, contests, and pool bar hopping. Note: this is not the destination for you if you are looking for a relaxing, rejuvenating break from college life. 

Amira Hardy

Miami (OH)

Shelby Hyde

Miami (OH)

Shelby Hyde is a senior journalism and professional writing double major with hopes of working in the wide world of publishing upon graduating in May of 2016. This Miami University (OH) Campus Correspondent/Editor-in-Chief is a fashion fanatic with a knack for words and bringing them to life. Shelby has had a wide variety of experiences throughout her four years at Miami, including working as Creative Services and Special Sections intern for Cincinnati Magazine, as well as a three-time returning style guru intern for well known fashion site, CollegeFashionista.com.The 22 year-old is Hoosier born and bred with a New Yorker status pending, and she's looking for something BIG! All inquiries can be forwarded to: shelbyyhyde@hercampus.com