Top 10 Drugstore Mascaras

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Miami (OH) chapter.

You don’t have to spend major money on mascara to add some va-va-voom to your lashes. Mascara found in your local drugstore will do the trick just as well, if not better! Her Campus tested and found our favorite drugstore mascaras and compiled them into a list just for you.

Here are HC’s top 10 drugstore mascaras: 

1. Maybelline Lash StilettoFor the longest lashes, try Maybelline’s Lash Stiletto mascara.

2. Covergirl Clump CrusherWho likes clumpy lashes? No one. For zero clumpage, try this mascara. The brush works like a comb, separating each individual lash.

3. CoverGirl Exact EyelightsThis mascara has light-reflecting metallic hints to bring out the brightest colors. With its anti-clump brush, lashes are defined and lengthened.

4. Maybelline Volum’ Rocket Express This mascara is an absolute HC favorite. It creates the most dramatic look, thickening every lash.

5. Revlon PhotoReady 3D Volume This mascara is a close second to Maybelline’s Rocket Volum’ Express. Its buildable formula lets you add layer after layer without the clump. It gives a dramatic voluminous look without flaking, creating shiny, thick lashes.  

6. Physicians Formula Organic WearPhysicians Formula mascara is 100% natural, free of harsh chemicals, synthetic preservatives and parabens. It’s great for sensitive eyes and contact lens wearers.

7. Maybelline The Colossal Volum’ Express Cat EyesThis mascara’s collagen formula and unique brush lengthen corner lashes for a feline look. Add some liquid eyeliner for that trendy cat-eye.

8. Maybelline Illegal LengthIf you find yourself having short lashes, this mascara is for you. With its weightless fiber formula, it lengthens and defines each individual lash.

9. CoverGirl Flamed up Mega Curl Mascara Most mascaras tend to weigh down curled lashes. This product enhances lashes with maximum curl and maximum volume. Its uniquely shaped brush curls lashes and evenly distributes its lightweight formula.

10. L’Oréal Voluminous Million LashesThis mascara is a classic.  It darkens and thickens lashes for a dramatic look and is great for keeping curl.

Chloe is a junior, contributing writer and PR rep for Her Campus Miami (OH). She is a Marketing major in the Farmer School of Business.
Ellie Conley

Miami (OH)

Ellie Conley is a senior at Miami University. She is the current Editor-In-Chief and the former Publicity Coordinator for the Miami (OH) Chapter of Her Campus.