Super Senior: Morgan Liddic ’16

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Miami (OH) chapter.

Name: Morgan Liddic

Year: Senior 

Hometown: Mason, OH 

Major: Gerontology

Favorite professors: Kate de Medeiros & Jennifer Bulanda

Favorite Class: Medical Ethics

1. What made you decide to choose the major you did?

I stumbled upon my major on accident. My freshman year I was filling up my schedules with very diverse coursework. When a gerontology class was the only class that fit in my schedule, I had no idea it was the start of a very exciting journey. I fell in love and my passion exploded from there. As I continued my studies in aging it provided me with incredible opportunities, including studying culture and aging abroad in Thailand! I love it so much that I’m applying to Miami’s Masters In Gerontological Studies Program that I hope to start in Fall 2016!

2. When did you decide to join the MU Hip Hop Team and how did you react/feel when you became captain of the team?

Entering college with 9 years of cheerleading and dancing experience, I had hoped I could continue performing in some way at Miami. I tried out for the team my freshman year and it was immediately a perfect fit. I realized quickly I that I had found my people. I’ve made so many incredible friendships and memories with the team. My leadership role on the team came naturally and I transitioned into the role of President pretty smoothly. I am thankful every day to be apart of such a wonderful team. I appreciate my dancers for working so hard and for excelling at everything they do in and out of practice. A majority of my time is spend dedicated to this team, along with my exec board, in order to make our team the best it can be. 

3. What is one thing that most people do not know about you?

Coffee will always and forever be my first task of the day. I like to think of it as my reward for getting out of bed.

4. In a day of the life of you, what does it look like?

On a typical day, I would head out in the morning to Hamilton to put time in at my internship. I am an intern at the Butler County Care Facility where I work with patients with dementia. I help plan activities, create activity boxes for the patients and I am helping to develop a music and memory program. 

After my internship I may meet my friends for lunch or head into work at Upham Hall and work in the College of Arts and Science Dean’s Office. At my job I’m usually running errands, answering phones and doing tasks around the office. If I’m lucky I get to catch up on work for school and hip hop as well. After work you can usually catch me going on a run either for fun or training for a race if the weather is nice! After a run my whole evening is usually dedicated to prepping material for hip hop practice which then happens from 8:30pm-10pm. Bed time for me is kind of unpredictable. 

Amira Hardy

Miami (OH)

Shelby Hyde

Miami (OH)

Shelby Hyde is a senior journalism and professional writing double major with hopes of working in the wide world of publishing upon graduating in May of 2016. This Miami University (OH) Campus Correspondent/Editor-in-Chief is a fashion fanatic with a knack for words and bringing them to life. Shelby has had a wide variety of experiences throughout her four years at Miami, including working as Creative Services and Special Sections intern for Cincinnati Magazine, as well as a three-time returning style guru intern for well known fashion site, CollegeFashionista.com.The 22 year-old is Hoosier born and bred with a New Yorker status pending, and she's looking for something BIG! All inquiries can be forwarded to: shelbyyhyde@hercampus.com