Orange Is The New Black: Ways To Make Your Wardrobe Pop

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Miami (OH) chapter.

Feeling down about the recent chilly weather and flustered about how to dress? Brave the low temp and defeat your inner fear of wearing orange simultaneously by incorporating one of the season’s hottest colors into your wardrobe. Here are five HC-approved ways to spice up your closet with the color that has made such a triumphant appearance in many fall designers’ current collections.

1.) Classy Flats
Turn heads on the way to class with these bright orange flats paired with cuffed skinny jeans and a neutral sweater. (Tory Burch Reva Ballet Flat for $225)

2.) Snuggly Sweater
Make a statement on top with this an orange sweater liks this cozy one from J. Crew. Rocking this v-neck, your bound to brighten up 8ams left and right, collegiettes! (J. Crew Collection Cashmere V-neck Sweater for $188)

3.) Vibrant Outerwear
Sassy orange twead and twill coats were all over the runways this season. Slide this beauty on and go for a long walk across campus, and perhaps students will be instagramming your outerwear as opposed to the stunning Oxford leaves. (Lauren Ralph Lauren Twill Coat for $272)

4.) The Anti-Dreary Dress
Whether you have a formal to attend or a typical night Uptown in the works, throw on this stunner and you are guaranteed a night of compliments. (Cameo Lifesize Sleeveless Tent Dress for $132)

5.) The Eye-Popping Clutch
Tuck this pop of color under your arm to complete the glam look for a night Uptown. Besides being gorgeous, the bright and shiny color will ensure you won’t forget it at Brick Street at the end of a crazy night. (Ted Baker London ‘Kirah’ Quilted Crossbody for $85.00)

Don’t be shy friends! Have some fun with this electric color working it into your look with flats, sweaters, outerwear, dresses, or clutches. Wearing this bomb color will surely brighten your mood and will catch your peers’ attention! 

Lexi Sunberg

Miami (OH)

HC Writer