This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Miami (OH) chapter.

New York Fashion Week. The time models, designers, bloggers, celebrities, makeup artists, hair stylists and so many come together to celebrate the art of fashion. While I did not attend any of the shows, many can be live streamed and the looks can be found on social media. Some of the looks were incredibly bold, but here are some the trends I found on the runways for this fall.

1. Floral

This is a timeless pattern, so it is inevitable that the flower print will continue. There is such a variety of flowers and arrangements that the completed look can range from bohemian to preppy to punk.

2. Ruffles

This classic element of design is a noble addition to any garment. The minimal touch can make a big impact.

3. Fur

Hopefully faux! Fur can make any outfit look stylish. It also is great for keeping warm, so perfect for Ohio’s (nine-month??) winter. Many of the looks had just a fur lining, which is less dramatic than a typical fur jacket or vest.

4. Prairie dresses

Your mother or grandma probably owned one of these in the 60s or 70s, but vintage is the new, new, right? This dress is super classy and probably comfortable.

5. Corsets

Speaking of comfort … this not so much. Corsets were already trending in 2017, but from the looks of the experts, the waist trainer looking piece is here to stay.

6. Circles

I am not talking about polka dots here, but rather clean cut outs and wire rings in bras, shirts, and even pants.

7. Red

Bright reds were flashing all over under the spotlights in New York. The passionate color is sure to turn heads.

Feature Photo: http://beautifulepiphany.com/how-to-get-into-new-york-fashion-week/ 

Carrie Shaheen

Miami (OH) '19

Miami University President/Writer