This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Miami (OH) chapter.

It was definitely a night to remember for the attendees of the MUCFD Fashion Show last Saturday.  The Miami Club of Fashion and Design took Millet Stadium and transformed a Division 1 basketball court into a stellar runway that could have rivaled those of New York Fashion Week.  

The atmosphere was electric and it was as if the moment you stepped through the stadium doors, you were no longer in Oxford, Ohio.  

Upbeat music pumped through the surround sound speakers, and retro lighting spilled onto the runway and backstage areas.  

The runway seating was sold out and a great deal of viewers had to resort to the stadium seats in order to watch the show.  Each chair that lined the runway was encased in white drapings and VIP seats included a tote gift bag.  It was like being a guest of Ellen Degeneres herself.  

Everyone was dressed to impress, and in high anticipation of the designer display that was to come.  What made this fashion show so unique was that each model was a Miami student, and all outfits and pieces of jewelry that adorned the models were created specifically by Miami students.  

The show lasted around one hour with a ten minute intermission and it definitely left the crowd breathless.  Who knew Miami students were so creative and talented.  Each outfit looked like it was store bought, and every model gorgeous.  

Many designers utilized the most in vogue spring trends such as the bustier top, skater skirt, floral prints, and high waisted bottoms.  Many of the outfits also featured the high-low skirt effect, biker spikes, and strategic cutouts that enhanced the overall appearance of the ensemble.  

The whole show came together fabulously and the audience members had nothing but praise for the MUCFD team that put the show together.  From the music, to the timing, it was a spectacular show to say the least, and they have definitely set the bar high for next year’s fashion week. 

Katlyn Byers

Miami (OH)

Kate Byers is in the minority as a married college student as of August 13, 2011 (!). As a Senior English Major with a Communication minor, she is frequently found curled up somewhere with a book or notepad. A co-founder of the Miami University branch, Kate spends most of her time behind the scenes as editor. She has also had an internship in Human Resources. Kate has a passion for all things food; an avid fan of The Next Food Network Star, much of Kate's free time is spent in the kitchen, baking something yummy for her friends or husband, Nick. Her favorite band is Coldplay, and one of her great guilty pleasures is musical theatre. Although her roots are in Cincinnati, she dreams of moving to New York City after graduation to look for Public Relations or Journalism opportunities. The 2011-2012 school year will be a big one for Kate both personally and in her new adventure with Her Campus!