Miami’s Queen B: Cassidy Gray ’17

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Miami (OH) chapter.

While freshman Cassidy Gray may be an underclassman, she’s got nothing but class! This early childhood education major has a heart of gold when it comes to the people in her life. Having known her for several years, I can wholeheartedly say she is a loyal, caring, and kind person. She knows how to have a fun night in, but still loves to shake it like Beyoncé on the dance floor every now and then. This is no surprise, seeing as Beyoncé is her favorite artist. Much like her idol, Cassidy has a unique, yet tasteful sense of style and is rarely seen without a touch of lipstick. She most definitely knows how to work it! Her killer dance moves, welcoming smile, and down to earth personality make this girl a true catch. Keep reading for more information on this brunette beauty! 

Here’s what you need to know about Miami’s Queen B, Cassidy Gray: 

Name: Cassidy Gray

Hometown: Chillicothe, Ohio

Year: Freshman

Major: Early Childhood Education

Sorority: Kappa Phi

And now for the juice on what makes this Campus Cutie smile, her current obsessions on Netflix, and why she idolizes ‘Yonce: 

HC: What is your ideal Miami date?

CG: My ideal Miami date would be something very chill. When the weather becomes warm I would like to go to one of the quads and have a late night snack and lay and look at the stars…cheesy I know! But, the sky is so pretty at night. 

HC: Where is your favorite place to eat Uptown?

CG: Orange Leaf!

HC: What is something that makes you smile?

CG: A lot of things make me smile. I smile when: the weather is nice, I think something is funny, people do nice things for me, I am wearing something awesome, and when I see people I know.  

HC: Where can you see yourself in 10 years?

CG: I will hopefully be teaching kindergarten or first grade somewhere close to my hometown. I would like to be married and possibly start a family by then!

HC: What are you currently obsessed with on Netflix?

CG: Gossip Girl and Bones.

HC: Are there any quotes that you try to live by?

CG: Life is short, eat dessert first (hahaha). Apart from that, I don’t really have a quote that I live by.

HC: What are you involved with on campus?

CG: I am a member of Cru. Cru is a place with so many diverse people but we all share one thing in common and that is our love for Christ. I also participate in bible studies that branch from Cru as well. I am becoming an active in Kappa Phi, which is a Christian “sorority”. What I love about Kappa Phi is the sense of sisterhood that comes along with it and the fact that I can relate to so many girls!

HC: What about Beyonce makes her your idol? 

CG: Beyonce is such a powerful woman. I love how she stands up for women’s rights and equality for people. She is an amazing artist and can dance like no other. She is just a diva and I look up to her for that. 

HC: What is your favorite song by Beyonce?

CG: Oh gosh this is hard… I like Drunk in Love, Dance For You, Partition, Who Runs the World, Naughty Girl…all of them!

HC: What is your favorite movie or top three favorite movies if you can’t pick just one?

CG: My top three movies would be: Beauty and the Beast, The Lucky One, and Rocky I-IV!

Abigail Bates is an assistant editor for Her Campus Miami (OH). She's a senior, journalism and French double major with a passion for writing, travel and all things fashion. She is also a member of Miami's UP fashion magazine and can often be found steaming the milk for your latte as a barista at Dividend$. 
Alex McNulty

Miami (OH)