Meet MAP Marketing: Jenna Mrocko

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Miami (OH) chapter.

Jenna Mrocko – Profile Piece

Major: Marketing and Journalism

Hometown: Rochester, Michigan

Year: Junior

HC: What is MAP? J: MAP, or Miami Activities and Programming, is the largest programming board on campus. We plan events both big and small for the entire student body.

HC: What made you want to be a part of MAP? J: I wanted to be a part of something bigger. I love to have a hand in the behind the scenes work. All of our events are a part of the Miami tradition and it’s so cool to help create them. HC: How many events a year does MAP put on? J: So many! We put events on all throughout the school year, usually at least 2 a week!

HC: What has been your favorite event to plan? J: Last year I had the amazing opportunity to plan Spring Fest, our annual festival to celebrate spring and the end of the school year. I was very excited because we were able to bring a ferris wheel to campus. It was a long planning process, but it was so rewarding to be at the event and see how much fun everyone was having.

HC: How does someone become involved in MAP? J: We recruit in the fall and the spring! We just welcomed new members last week!

HC: What other organizations/clubs are you involved in? J Aside from MAP, I am also the Event Coordinator for UP Magazine and the social media chair for my sorority, Alpha Delta Pi. I am also an Undergraduate Assistant for MAC 143.

HC: What is your dream job? J: I would love to work in the digital marketing / digital branding field for a large retail company! HC: What is a quote you live by? J: “I’ve learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel,” -Maya Angelou

Mary Carroll

Miami (OH)

CCs