This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Miami (OH) chapter.

The Latest Trends for your Ears

When it comes to accessories, we all know to use statement necklaces and scarves to complete an outfit or how that a great handbag or pair of shoes can elevate your look from a 7 to a 10 like magic—but  what about your earrings?

The latest trends for ear wear have really gotten interesting, and we at Her Campus think they’re a great way to add something unique to your look without being too flashy or over the top. These trends are subtle enough to wear to class but can easily transition to complete your outfit for a night uptown. Best of all, these new earring styles don’t require you to have multiple piercings to wear them!

1. 360s

These 360 earrings took off after Dior came out with their “Mise en Dior” earrings. The “Mise en Dior” tribal earrings have been seen gracing the lobes of Emma Watson, Jennifer Lawrence, Charlize Theron and other celebs. The small pearl rests on the ear while the larger one peeps out from behind.

The pair by Dior will cost you though, coming at around $700. Luckily, cheaper versions can be found on BaubleBar.com, Etsy.com, and anntaylor.com

1. Ear crawlers

Don’t worry, these aren’t creepy bugs out of some horror film but rather a single earring that “crawls” up your ear.  They’re a great style choice for those of you who may not have a lot of ear piercings. However, they could even be a great option for those of you who do have a lot of lobe piercings but get frustrated always trying to match several different pairs to each other.

1. Ear Jackets

Your ears need jackets too! These earrings feature a small stud-like earring that rests on the center of the lobe and then a backing that has a design peeking out below the ear.  

( BaubleBar’s Jumbo Cairo ear jackets )

1. Ear cuffs

Ear cuffs run the risk of looking obscene, but when done right they can add the perfect amount edge to your look without all the commitment and pain of getting another piercing.

1. Geometric shapes

Add a little geometry to your ears this spring! We’ve been seeing a lot of geometric shaped earrings being used in all kinds of ways, and think it’s a total do. (For those of you with multiple piercings, don’t be afraid to mix and match shapes!)

Abigail Bates is an assistant editor for Her Campus Miami (OH). She's a senior, journalism and French double major with a passion for writing, travel and all things fashion. She is also a member of Miami's UP fashion magazine and can often be found steaming the milk for your latte as a barista at Dividend$. 
Shelby Hyde

Miami (OH)

Shelby Hyde is a senior journalism and professional writing double major with hopes of working in the wide world of publishing upon graduating in May of 2016. This Miami University (OH) Campus Correspondent/Editor-in-Chief is a fashion fanatic with a knack for words and bringing them to life. Shelby has had a wide variety of experiences throughout her four years at Miami, including working as Creative Services and Special Sections intern for Cincinnati Magazine, as well as a three-time returning style guru intern for well known fashion site, CollegeFashionista.com.The 22 year-old is Hoosier born and bred with a New Yorker status pending, and she's looking for something BIG! All inquiries can be forwarded to: shelbyyhyde@hercampus.com